Director, Liquidity Analytics Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 12008239)
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Director, Liquidity Analytics you will join CIBC’s Treasury department to provide analysis of liquidity and funding risk for CIBC. You will provide extensive technical expertise to deliver in-depth analysis and management information to support and maintain the Liquidity risk framework of the bank.
This is a management position within Liquidity Analytics that involves provision of technical expertise to analyze the use of liquidity and funding across the bank, ensuring a detailed level of quality analysis to high quality standards in a timely fashion. The incumbent’s own technical expertise and experience in working with senior executives will provide high quality analysis and management information that supports the management and monitoring of the banks liquidity risk appetite. The incumbent’s current and expert knowledge of developments in an ever-changing business and regulatory environment will be critical to ensure that the liquidity risk treatment applied remains appropriate and reflective of market conditions and the bank’s overall funding profile. Preparing extensive and high quality policies and senior executive reports is a significant component of this role. As a result the incumbent must have a proven track record of writing and preparing management presentations sometimes within very tight timelines.
Within this framework and a fast paced high profile environment the incumbent is accountable for:
– Conduct in depth analysis of business lines’ liquidity positions and funding activities for CIBC’s major operating currencies.
– Review, modify and update Liquidity Policies, Funding Plans and Recovery and Resolution Plans.
– Prepare analytical high impact presentations to ALCO, CRO, Treasurer and regulators for ad-hoc and other requests in support of the Vice President of Liquidity Risk Management.
– Provide input and review of liquidity stress test scenario and related assumptions for CIBC’s business units (wholesale, retail, assets management, treasury, etc.).
– Model liquidity implications of multiple liquidity stress scenarios on balance sheet and off balance sheet items.
– Provide input on liquidity transfer pricing procedures.
– Monitor supervisory rules and regulations and prepare impact analysis presentations and commentary as needed. Be the key contact for supervisors’ requests (e.g. OSFI, CDIC, BCBS, etc.).
– Responsible for a team of approximately 2 senior analysts
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have a minimum of 3 years Banking experience in a Treasury, Finance or Risk
– Must have a university degree or professional qualification in finance, accounting or related field
– Excellent written communication skills and extensive experience preparing high quality presentations for senior executives, the Board and/or external regulators (candidates will be required to provide samples of their work)
– Experience working with banking balance sheets is essential
– Strong mature personality with ability to deal with complex transactions
– Analytical thinker
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Services Account Manager, Toronto Job
SAP - Toronto, Canada
Territory Manager - Sales - Greater Montreal Area
Kellogg - Quebec, Canada
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, On-call Relief
Canada Post - Yellowknife, Canada
Locate this job: