Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
CIBC's Real Estate Finance Division within Commercial Banking is one of the largest and most active real estate lenders in Canada with construction loans, bridge loans and operating lines being a significant component of the overall portfolio.
The Director, Real Estate Finance is CIBC’s senior relationship manager for real estate clients requiring daily banking coverage and in-depth customized real estate financing solutions in the areas of construction, bridge and mezzanine finance. The primary focus of this position is on the origination of new clients, and the management of new and existing opportunities with existing clients. As the primary relationship manager, the Director holds ultimate client and credit risk accountability, and manages overall account relationships.
The position of Director, Real Estate Finance is an ideal choice for experienced candidates with exceptional real estate and credit management skills, a depth of experience in working with real estate commercial banking clients and a passion for working in a client-centric environment that aligns to a strong performance culture. Reporting directly to the Western Canada regional head of real estate, successful candidates can look forward to working with Western Canada's top real estate companies.
What We’re Looking For
– Expert knowledge of construction and bridge lending with direct banking experience is essential.
– Strong understanding of risk/portfolio management required. The Director, Real Estate must be able to determine appropriate deal structuring, to optimize the outcome for CIBC and the client.
– Must have strong client and relationship management skills sufficient to source, gain and retain business with a large spectrum of real estate clients.
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability.
– Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
– Strong knowledge in real estate valuation, development and construction.
– Advanced background in the analysis of financial statements.
– Results oriented individual motivated by achieving preset objectives
– Team player with strong interpersonal and team working skills.
– Experience managing overall relationships as well as individual transactions.
– Proven track record of building lasting relationships with clients .
– Good knowledge of PC software applications is required
Apply on company website