General Manager, Calgary Downtown and East Cluster Job Listing at CIBC in Calgary, CA-AB (Job ID 12009691)
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the GM is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and coaching to the managed client sales and service teams and support functions in order to ensure maximum sales and service delivery effectiveness across multiple client offers and to drive growth in business results through the deepening of client relationships.
- Provide effective leadership, at the Cluster level, to the advisory sales and support team to achieve high performance levels.
- Build a culture emphasizing collaboration in the delivery of highest-quality service and trusted financial advice across multiple client offers.
- Lead the sales process to maximize profitability (revenue, funds managed growth), productivity, and client satisfaction.
- Provide support and training to ensure the sustainment and effective use of contact and sales planning tools.
- Monitor the progress of sales volumes to business/sales plan. Typically the cluster is expected to produce gross revenue of approximately $9.7 million, average Direct Operating Expense budget of $1.7 million and a Funds Managed Growth target of $1 million.
- Establish on-going recruitment efforts to identify and select high potential sales and support candidates for the Cluster while managing FTE count at Plan.
- Establish effective Cluster strategies for deepening the relationship with clients in all offers, while increasing share of wallet, decreasing attrition rates and improving service use count.
- Responsible for the relationship management and effective partnerships in the Cluster to ensure clients are aligned to the appropriate offer.
- Provide leadership to enhance the client experience through embedding the sales and service management methodology to all the employees within the Cluster, ensuring the client is introduced to the right offer and/or partner (e.g. Wood Gundy, CIBC Private Investment Counsel) for their needs.
- Monitor compliance on the financial advice component and ensure all aspects of risk are effectively managed within the Cluster.
- Establish effective Cluster strategies for increasing the number of high value clients and share of wallet while maximizing the leads generated by branch banking colleagues.
- Provide on-going advice, guidance & mentoring to direct reports, including coaching on sales and service management disciplines, tools and techniques, processes and standards, and involvement in complex client negotiations.
- Work in partnership with the Client Service Manager to ensure consistent coaching and alignment of messaging in the overall leadership and guidance of the cluster team.
- Lead business development initiatives within the Cluster through active involvement in the business community.
- Ensure appropriate reward and recognition activities are implemented within the Cluster that are aligned with District, Market, Regional, and Retail Distribution programs.
- Implement and sustain the sales planning methodology through on-going coaching and validating continued usage by sales force to ensure consistent efficient and effective client experience while maximizing business opportunities.
NOTE : For GM’s who work in an IDA management capacity :
The IDA Branch Manager is responsible for managing the general operation of a Branch office and all associated sub-Branch offices. As part of these duties, this individual is the person who is registered with the IDA as being responsible for the primary level of supervision of all activities within the branch including, but not limited to:
- ensuring the proper registration is held by advisers,
- the oversight of account activity,
- the assessment of advice given to clients; and - the review of incoming/outgoing correspondence.
The IDA Branch Manager is responsible for helping ensure that the management of client business is within the bounds of both regulatory and ethical conduct, consistent with just and equitable principles of trade and it is not detrimental to the interests of the securities industry or CIBC. This registered person must advise senior sales management and CIBC Wealth Management Compliance of any significant issues.
What We’re Looking For
- Must have a solid understanding of sales and sales management processes as well as the knowledge required to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective client experience while maximizing business opportunities.
- Must have demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of the Business Banking, Imperial Service and high value offers.
- Must have effective people management and development capabilities.
- Must have well-developed sales management and advisory coaching experience and skills.
- Must have proven ability to provide financial advice and solutions to meet clients needs through a high performing sales and service team.
- Must have excellent relationship building skills to establish key relationships within District and Market sales leadership and a diverse sales force.
- Should have strong influencing skills sufficient to lead and shape thinking and decisions while responding to underlying concerns of the Cluster’s sales, service and support team, particularly through change.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) as of start date. - Successful completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) within 3 months of start date.
- Successful completion of the Branch Managers Course (BMC) (CSI) within 6 months of start date.
- Successful completion of the Effective Managers Course (EMS) within 12 months of BMC completion.
- Successful completion of the Wealth Management Essentials (WME) or Professional Financial Planning Course (PFPC) within 18 months of start date.
- IIROC (formerly IDA) license is required.
(PLEASE NOTE: Employees in Quebec will need to have CSC Accreditation as of start date and complete the IQPF instead of the CFP. It is a requirement that the IQPF be completed within 5 years of hire, with a minimum of 2 courses per year).
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Dep Director Planning & Logistics
Sanofi Pasteur - Canada
Deputy Director Continuous Improvement Leader FFaST
Sanofi Pasteur - Canada
Medical Sales Representative - North & South Laurentides
AstraZeneca - Quebec, Canada
Locate this job: