Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Intel Service and Platform Owner you will be responsible for providing overall ownership and governance for Services involving Windows and Intel platforms and Virtualization across the enterprise. Deliver infrastructure technology, ensuring adherence to operational standards and business requirements in accordance to the enterprise service quality objectives. This encompasses strategic planning, budget management, implementation and ongoing operational efficiency.
- Overall accountability for Service quality, availability, optimization, and commoditization. Act as a single point of contact for Service and Platform strategy, status reporting, standards, and policies.
- Work collaboratively in support of cross –platform focus across the Midrange Tower
- Create Service Descriptions that include the technology offering and the financials, including chargeback/showback/allocations model
- Create a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model for the Platform that can be used for benchmarking, for integration with other TCO models and for business case analysis when driving change to the Service
- Understand current and future business needs and develop a technology roadmap and currency plan to address those needs by aligning infrastructure architecture with application architecture.
- Establish direction and ensure coordination among key functions such as Infrastructure Integration, Solution Design, Engineering, Operations, IBS, Finance and other teams
- Manage vendor service / support relationships and manage the Service and Platform lifecycle from inception to decommissioning for the relevant Platform assets owned by CIBC
- Ensure that policies and standards are in place for the Platform
- Define the framework for developing quality metrics to analyze data and implement quality improvements for clients.
- Report on performance and availability trends and identify opportunities to improve platform performance
- Support Capacity, Currency and Refresh programs
What We’re Looking For
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field)
- In-depth knowledge of x86 hardware and Windows and Virtualization products and marketplace
- Good understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery, Clustering, Virtualization, System Management and Converged Infrastructure concepts.
- Experience in evaluation, implementation and lifecycle management of products and services.
- Understanding of Technology Architecture, Security, Service Quality Management and Internal Audit policies and procedures
- Ability to build out capabilities from the ground up and deal with ambiguity
- Technology - x86 hardware and Windows and Virtualization product concepts, tools, technologies and applications with detailed focus on creation and ownership of services, building and monitoring TCO models and driving changes to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
- Some awareness of Database, Middleware and BI infrastructure requirements is desirable.
- Understanding of other platforms, such as RISC hardware, Unix Operating System, LDOMs, LPARs will be considered a strong plus.
- Relationship Management--Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- Presentations--Ability to present information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality.
- Ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for justifying a project, equipment or staffing expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, opportunities and threats.
- High degree of flexibility and creativity required to adapt to a constantly changing environment while developing and adopting standards, assessing benchmarks, identifying metrics and ensuring compliance.
- Knowledge of process for evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components in line with organization’s business needs and architectural principles.
Apply on company website