Locate this job
CIBC Commercial & Business Banking is committed to Partnering
with Canada’s BestTM organizations. Our comprehensive approach
provides industry expertise, innovative ideas and strategic
solutions designed to create, protect and realize stakeholder
value. Partnering with clients with annual sales of between $1.0
million to $500 million, Commercial & Business Banking provides
integrated financial solutions to address virtually every business
requirement at every stage of a company’s development and
operation, including credit, asset-based financing, subordinated
debt, trade finance, cash management, franchising, foreign
exchange, investments, M&A and private placements of equity and
debt. Our Relationship Managers and Senior Business Advisors are
located in regionally based centres and branches across Canada,
ensuring first hand knowledge of local market conditions.
Relevant Job Criteria:
- You must have prior legal authorization to work in the location
for which you are applying.
- Relocation assistance may be available with this opportunity.
- An additional living allowance is available.
Champion CIBC's vision of being "The Leader in Client
Relationships" by: understanding and staying abreast of changes in
clients' industries, businesses and objectives; proactively
identifying opportunities to allow clients to respond to changing
circumstances within their business or industry; mobilizing all
resources of CIBC to achieve clients' goals and maximize the
returns available to CIBC; and, demonstrating clients' business
matters to CIBC and that CIBC is committed to playing a role in
Mentor staff formally and informally through collaborative
Clients are predominantly within the Commercial segment.
• Actively monitor and manage the profitability of CIBC's
relationship with a client within the context of building a
long-term mutually beneficial relationship by fully understanding
the goals, objectives and status of the client's business.
• Structure, negotiate and document credit and cash management
arrangements with clients and prospects. Negotiate all terms of
credit with Corporate & Commercial Adjudication ("CCA") and
appropriately assess risk in the relationship. Act as the
Transaction Sponsor within CIBC. In conjunction with Cash
Management, ensure that all documentation is accurately captured
• Proactively manage high-risk loans, developing risk issues and
changing need through communication with CCA to restructure
dealings, remediate risks proactively and minimize loss.
• Manage all dealings internally and with clients in a manner
consistent with the standards prescribed by CIBC policies and
procedures, including Reputation and Legal Risk, Anti-Money
Laundering, Code of Conduct, Credit Management, etc.
• Proactively assess client needs and propose products/solutions to
meet those needs and the client's broader business objectives.
Ensure that clients continue to be aware of the benefits of using
these products, as well as new products available to them.
Continuously update knowledge on new products that may be of value
• Ensure that clients' day-to-day banking needs are being met at
the highest level.
• Originate new client relationships that leverage knowledge and
expertise, CIBC's capabilities and that meet CIBC risk tolerances
and profitability hurdles, to grow the Commercial Banking
• Demonstrate CIBC core values of Trust, Teamwork and
Accountability, and provide support in a manner consistent with the
highest quality standards and CIBC objectives.
• Senior client officers and prospects - to uncover business
strategies and goals as well as to understand challenges and
• CCA - for deal approvals
• Internal partners (Business Contact Centre, Global Banking and
Trade Solutions, Cash Management, Foreign Exchange, etc.) - to
ensure that clients' day-to-day banking needs are being met at the
• Structuring typical commercial transactions that both meet the
clients' needs and are within CIBC risk tolerances and
• Developing and maintaining a network of contacts within CIBC to
effectively implement solutions for clients.
• Identifying emerging product opportunities through analysis of
client financial statements and strategies.
• With occasional coaching, translating opportunities into
value-added solutions for clients and profitable business
opportunities for CIBC - may include financial advisory and M&A
opportunities. Developing industry expertise.
• Applying financing options and to various business scenarios
evaluating/structuring solutions for clients using analytical and
financial modeling skills.
• Using credit skills for conducting intensive due diligence, as
well as for identifying and mitigating risk.
• Creatively finding and implementing credit structures that
address evolving client needs.
• With coaching, determining when to involve others in addressing
• Committing to build profile in the local business community and,
with coaching, leveraging that profile into effective working
relationships with new and existing clients and internal
• In a complex selling environment, identifying and qualifying new
• Building teams of internal experts to develop, sell and implement
solutions to address identified client needs.
• Well-developed communication skills
• Developed negotiating skills
• Well-developed skills in financial analysis and financialmodeling
• Basic understanding of financing options
• Developing selling skills
• Strong working knowledge of CIBC products and service offering,including the processes and procedures necessary to implementproducts and services
• Ability to lead and work on teams that generate ideas andimplement solutions for clients
• Well-developed credit skills
• Ability to identify and address deteriorating creditsituations
• Ability to build profile in the local business community
• Basic working experience in managing relationships includingthose where credit restructuring is necessary
• Basic knowledge of risk/portfolio management
• Financial Industry Experience - 5 years
• Business Banking Experience - an asset
Apply on company website