Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The role will be responsible to govern contract change activity, and contract obligations within the ITO supplier space (HP, Tata).
– Govern contractual obligations and vendor performance of Technology Operations core vendors
– Understand general rights, terms, obligations and responsibilities of Parties and recommend changes as required
– Single point of contact for contract and vendor governance commitments, and serve as liaison between stakeholders groups
– Analyze, manage contract agreement disputes between CIBC and vendors
– Respond to contract and general statement of work inquiries
– Understand and provide support to negotiate TO business terms, act as liaison between stakeholder groups
– Participate in Vendor performance reviews
– Review new requests and prepare summary of contractual and financial impacts in preparation for executive approval.
– 2-5 years contract management/administration experience required
– Undergraduate degree in business related field
– Experience or background in contract law would be considered an asset
– Solid financial and operational knowledge
Subject Matter Expertise:
– Contract management / administration
– Service Excellence--Ability to understand customer needs/expectations and anticipate customers’ needs and satisfies them proactively; provide excellent service in direct and indirect manner, and fulfill customer expectations.
– Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
– Relationship Management – Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers. Oversees client reviews to clarify expectations and discuss service delivery
– Oral Communication – Ability to express onself and communicate with others verbally; recognizing that verbal communication is more than just language – it includes tone, style and structure; facilitate effective communication with senior management; conveys complex material in an easy to understand manner
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
– Interpersonal Relationships – Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with and outside of own area
– Problem Solving--Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems. Identifies and organizes potential problems and leads problem resolution efforts
– Internal stakeholders (Intake, AD Technology, Expense Management) and external contacts (suppliers)
– Performing high degree of analysis, interpretation, and presentation for senior management
– Ensure effective planning, tracking, and communication across LOB Enterprise stakeholders.
– Ensure a consistent approach to classify problems, apply root cause analysis for problems, and manage the resolution plan to correct problems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
– Normal office environment
– Teamwork Partnering
– Building Trust
– Creative/Innovative Thinking
– Forward Strategic Thinking
– Relationship Building
– Developing Others
Apply on company website