Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine working in a fast-paced contact centre environment where you play a key role in helping your clients achieve their financial goals while assisting them with their everyday banking needs. At CIBC Telephone Banking, you will enjoy an exciting sales and service career that is both personally and professionally rewarding, and offers great opportunities for career growth. Every day, you’ll have the chance to make a difference in our clients’ lives and feel good about what you do.
As a Financial Service Representative in our Montreal Customer Contact Centre, you will be a trusted front-line expert who is empowered to provide information and solutions to existing and potential customers via the telephone regarding CIBC’s full range of products and services. Motivated by targets and results, you will actively promote and sell products and services that matter to our clients based on their individual financial needs and goals.
To help you determine whether this position is a match to your skills and interests, please take approximately 90 seconds to watch the following job preview.
– Provide information to existing and potential clients via telephone regarding CIBC's full range of products and services
– Meet sales, customer service, and productivity targets by understanding client needs, offering first call resolution of issues, and actively promoting and selling products and services that meet your clients’ needs
– Offer a superior client experience on every call to meet and exceed your clients’ expectations, build loyalty and grow our business
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have previous sales, service, or customer service professional experience, preferably in the financial industry
– Must have a strong aptitude for sales with a minimum 1 year needs-based sales experience in a targeted sales environment
– Must have superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills in both English and French with a professional telephone manner
– Must have demonstrated adaptability, flexibility and ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
– Must have computer literacy, strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills in a Windows-based environment
– Must have a commitment to punctuality and adherence to work schedules
– Should have contact centre experience
– Should have experience working with a financial institution or in the banking industry
What You Should Know
– Flexibility to work on the following hours :
On weekdays : Monday to Friday from 3:00pm to 11pm & weekends:Saturday from 10am to 6pm. Part-Time positions (27 hours per week) and Full-Time positions ( 37.5 hours per week) are available.
– The targeted start date for this position is January 28th 2013
– Training is on a full-time basis and consists of a combination of in-class and on-the-job training for a period of 12 weeks. Shifts may vary during training and will require flexibility for any shift within the hours of operation noted above:
Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 11pm for a today of 37.5 hours
– Starting compensation for this position is $ 18.16 hourly plus sales incentives.
– You must have prior legal authorization to work in the location for which you are applying.
– Relocation assistance is not available with this opportunity
Apply on company website