Locate this job
Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Pega System Administrator is responsible for system administration of all PEGA environments. This includes upgrades, framework and service pack installations as well as some support for code promotions and builds. It also includes any troubleshooting necessary to ensure availability for all systems per agreed upon service agreements.
- Provide day to day support and monitoring of all PEGA Environments including but not limited to: Prototyping, Development, Test, Staging, Production and Cloud environments.
- Work closely with Infrastructure team to identify, troubleshoot, and escalate environment issues that may arise so as to minimize impact.
- Act as focal point for project team and lines of business to establish system environment and administration goals and objectives. • Administer operator IDs, profiles and PEGA security model.
- Define, and solicit approval on system service level agreements for PEGA environments.
- Plan, design, develop and implement appropriate tools and solutions to properly monitor environments and meet system administration needs in accordance with company standards and best practices.
- Develop and execute on Capacity Planning efforts for PEGA Environments.
- Development and implement appropriate environment management intake process for environment sizing and planning efforts.
- Contribute to system connectivity efforts between PEGA and other CIBC systems.
- Contribute to code migration efforts where needed.
- Work with vendor when needed to troubleshoot environment issues.
What We’re Looking For
- 1+ year of PEGA Administration experience
- Strong troubleshooting diagnostic abilities – can read and understand PEGA log files sufficiently to flag trouble spots in configuration
- Ability to distinguish problems in each layer of the environment (operating system, database, application server (weblogic), PRPC, PEGA Solution Frameworks, and CIBC custom rules) in order to get problems resolved with the correct group
- Ability to interpret errors and problems with PEGA connectors and other requisite supporting rules around interfaces
- Ability to clearly report and track software bugs to PEGA Systems support operation
- Ability to clearly communicate and track environment related problems with the appropriate CIBC teams
Apply on company website