Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Production Application Support Analyst working within the Equity Research Technology team, you will join the Wholesale Banking Technology group to partner with research associates/analysts/editors to ensure systems are operating flawlessly. The research technology team is responsible for deployment, enhancement and support of the systems that are used by equity research group to publish research materials. You will provide application or infrastructure technical expertise as needed for projects and initiatives related to the implementations.
– Manage, support, and resolve complex vendor and proprietary technical issues in a calm and efficient manner
– Provide immediate one-on-one support to equity research users during support hours
– Check on overnight batch processes, market and client connectivity to ensure technology readiness and availability each day
– Lead project coordination efforts in on-boarding clients, synchronize internal technology teams to provide optimal end-to-end solution for both internal and external clients
– Evaluate service requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes, identifying inconsistencies while analyzing potential impacts of problems
– Analyze complex technical information to determine risk levels and technical feasibility when making changes to trading applications
– Identify and resolve medium to highly complex production problems for support of applications. Identify root cause and defining actions to eliminate recurrence
– Successfully prioritize and manage multiple requests, projects, and activities typically working under pressure
– Apply knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques to recognize, anticipate, and resolve organizational, operational, or process problems
– Effectively communicate problems and resolutions in a high stress environment
– Escalate technology issues to the appropriate application support and technology infrastructure groups
– Identify proactive solutions for recurring technology occurrences to benefit the trading professionals
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
– Must have previous experience with Production Application Support, preferably within the Financial or Investment Industry
– Must have exposure to all stages of the development lifecycle, from requirements through to design, development, rollout, support and maintenance
– Must have knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems (hardware, software, application or operational)
– Must have knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhanced applications into a production environment
– Must have knowledge of and experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting a production application
– Must have knowledge and utilization of production scheduling, control procedures and maintaining of processing service deliverables
– Must have strong relationship management skills
– Must have excellent communication skills and strong relationship management skills
– Must have minimum of 2 years experience in application support of Microsoft technologies
– Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in .Net (ASP.net, C#.Net/VB.Net) technologies
– Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in SQL server
– Must have a minimum of 2 years experience with VB script and exposure to VBA
What You Should Know
– Working hours are outside normal business hours
– This role requires carrying a pager
– Maybe on call 24/7 depending on the application supported
Apply on company website