Production Application Support Specialist - Capital Markets Technology Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 12007956)
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Production Application Support Specialist working within the Infrastructure operations team, you will join the Wholesale Banking Technology Application Support group to partner with Wholesale Banking development groups to ensure systems are operating flawlessly. The Infrastructure Operations team is responsible for deployment, and support of the systems that are used on the trading desks. You will provide application or infrastructure technical expertise as needed for projects and initiatives related to the implementations.
– Manage, support, and resolve complex vendor and proprietary technical issues arising on the trading floor in a calm and efficient manner
– Check on overnight batch processes, market and client connectivity to ensure technology readiness and availability each trading day
– Evaluate service requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes, identifying inconsistencies while analyzing potential impacts of problems
– Analyze complex technical information to determine risk levels and technical feasibility when making changes to production applications
– Identify and resolve medium to highly complex production problems for support of applications
– Successfully prioritize and manage multiple requests, projects, and activities typically working under pressure
– Apply knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques to recognize, anticipate, and resolve organizational, operational, or process problems
– Effectively communicate problems and resolutions in a high stress environment
– Escalate issues when necessary to additional support and technology infrastructure groups
– Support end of day processes for trade settlement
– Identify proactive solutions for recurring technology occurrences to benefit the trading professionals
What We’re Looking For
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
– Must have 1 -3 years of professional experience with Production Application Support, preferably within the Financial or Investment Industry
– Should have exposure in supporting Capital Markets/Trading Software such as IRESS, Wallstreet Systems, FlexTrade, Raptor, or Bloomberg
– Must have experience using and supporting technical tools such as Solaris, Windows, Red Hat Linux, Autosys/Tidal Scheduling, FeedHub, Tumbleweed File Transfer or related hardware and software applications
– Must have knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems (hardware, software, application or operational)
– Must have knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhanced applications into a production environment
– Must have knowledge of and experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting a production application
– Must have knowledge and utilization of production scheduling, control procedures and maintaining of processing service deliverables
– Must have strong relationship management skills
– Must have excellent communication skills and strong relationship management skills
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
What You Should Know
– This role requires carrying a pager
– Maybe on call 24/7 depending on the application supported
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Toronto
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Technology - Etobicoke, Canada
Robert Half Technology - Etobicoke, Canada
Senior Manager, Information Security - IT Risk Centre of Governance
RBC - Toronto, Canada
Locate this job: