Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Production Application Support Specialist, you will join the Technology group to partner with professionals to ensure systems are operating flawlessly. You will provide application or infrastructure technical expertise as needed for projects and initiatives related to the implementations.
– Manage, support, and resolve complex vendor and proprietary technical issues arising in a calm and efficient manner
– Provide immediate one-on-one support to the business
– Check on overnight batch processes, market and client connectivity to ensure technology readiness and availability each day
– Lead project coordination efforts in on-boarding clients, synchronize internal technologyteams to provide optimal end-to-end solution for both internal and external clients
– Evaluate service requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes, identifying inconsistencies while analyzing potential impacts of problems
– Analyze complex technical information to determine risk levels and technical feasibility when making changes to applications
– Identify and resolve medium to highly complex production problems for support of applications
– Successfully prioritize and manage multiple requests, projects, and activities typically working under pressure
– Apply knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques to recognize, anticipate, and resolve organizational, operational, or process problems
– Effectively communicate problems and resolutions
– Escalate technology issues to the appropriate application support and technology infrastructure groups
– Support end of day processes
– Identify proactive solutions for recurring technology occurrences to benefit the business
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
– Must have 1 -3 years of professional experience with Production Application Support, preferably within the Financial Industry
– Must have experience using and supporting technical tools such as Weblogic, MQ, UNIX, Informatica or related hardware and software applications
– Must have exposure to all stages of the development lifecycle, from requirements through to design, development, rollout, support and maintenance
– Must have knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems (hardware, software, application or operational)
– Must have knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhanced applications into a production environment
– Must have knowledge of and experience with defining, implementing changes to, and supporting a production application
– Must have knowledge and utilization of production scheduling, control procedures and maintaining of processing service deliverables
– Must have strong relationship management skills
– Must have excellent communication skills and strong relationship management skills
What You Should Know
– This role requires carrying a pager
– Maybe on call 24/7 depending on the application supported
Apply on company website