Regional Director, Calgary Job Listing at CIBC in Calgary, CA-AB (Job ID 13002203)
BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION
Retail Distribution provides a full range of financial products and services to almost 11 million personal, small business and wealth clients, as well as investment management services globally to retail and institutional clients. With approximately 28,000 employees, CIBC Retail Distribution has a broad distribution network serving clients through more than 1,000 branches, as well as CIBC Wood Gundy offices and President’s Choice Financial in-store pavilions. Clients also have 24/7 access to telephone banking, online banking and online brokerage, as well as to Canada’s second largest ABM network.
Using a multi channel strategy, Mobile Channels maintains a CIBC Mortgage Advisor Sales Force, Group Mortgage Plan agents and two mortgage brokerages (HLC Home Loans Canada and Mortgage Center Canada).
· The Regional Director, Mortgage Advisor Channel reports to and is delegated authority by the National Director, CIBC Mortgage Advisor Channel.
· The Regional Director, Mortgage Advisor Channel will provide overall leadership and direction for sales strategies and activities in order to achieve short and long term sales targets, financial and strategic objectives, revenue and profit growth of the CIBC Mortgage Advisor Channel within a designated region structure.
· The Regional Director, Mortgage Advisor Channel will deliver top tier customer satisfaction.
· The Regional Director, Mortgage Advisor Channel will ensure the recruitment, development and retention of a group of top performing sales professionals.
· As a member of the Mobile Sales team, the Regional Director, Mortgage Advisor Channel is also involved in other RDCS activities and initiatives.
· The Regional Director, Mortgage Advisor Channel will be accountable to the National Director for fulfillment of the following functions and responsibilities as well as any other matters with respect to the business and affairs of the Mobile Sales Channel that are delegated to him/her by the National Director from time to time.
· Responsible for delivering sales targets for CIBC brand and for overall effectiveness of sales channel within a designated region.
· Provide strategic direction and leadership to the development and execution of national sales strategies for the distribution operations of the CIBC brand.
· Provide operational business leadership of Mobile Sales channels organization within their designated region.
· Serve as a member of the Mobile Sales Leadership Team responsible for the strategic direction of the CIBC Mortgage Advisor Sales Force within a designated region.
· Responsible for developing and managing relationships with key referral partnerships.
· Based on RDCS business strategies, develop and direct sales targets and priorities for the CIBC Mortgage Advisor Sales group and oversee and approve the strategies to achieve these priorities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide leadership and guidance to a team of sales leaders and sales teams within a delegated region to ensure individual and business goals are achieved and/or exceeded. This includes attracting, aligning, motivating, and retaining a team with the competencies to meet present and future sales goals for a remote-based national sales force.
· Senior level relationship management of internal and external RDCS distribution partners.
· Review and ensure that performance measurement and management systems/processes in RDCS are effective and consistent with business needs. Ensure that sales performance, service level metrics, financial results and other performance data are communicated with clarity and provide the information necessary to understand trends, issues, and opportunities within the business.
· Provide counsel to the National Director and/or product, business support and other RDCS leaders on a wide range of topics. Provide intelligence and understanding of market trends and impact on core business.
· Work with external partners, where necessary, to influence and streamline processes and activities. Effectively reduce the costs associated with risk/compliance while minimizing and mitigating overall segment risk relative to the sales and service activities managed.
· In partnership with Retail Risk Management, ensure compliance with the established policies, practices and procedures relative to the securing, monitoring and managing of risk related to the areas of responsibility and accountability within RDCS.
· Lead a team of senior sales professionals to achieve the strategic and financial objectives consistent with CIBC values.
· Ensure exceptional staff are recruited, developed, trained, motivated, retained and that performance management processes are followed.
· Ensure that roles and accountabilities are defined and understood by sales leaders and that these accountabilities are shared with key partners.
· Mobile Sales Leadership Team, Executives across CIBC, in particular Retail Distribution Regional Executives and Market Leaders, key partners in all segment groups, Telephone Banking, Business Support, Corporate Finance, Marketing, Collections, Credit Risk, ALCO.
· Mortgage Insurers, Realtors, referral partners and (where applicable) industry associations.
· As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, guidelines and controls.
· As the manager of people, this job must ensure all employees within the business unit comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and control requirements.
· Recommending cost containment and cost reduction strategies
· Management of the sales force
· Response to customer/partner issues
· Recommendation on new initiative or partner opportunity
· Recommendation on prioritization of business initiatives
Number of Employees
100 - 250
New Sales ($B)
$1 - 3
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Must have in-depth knowledge of the residential mortgage business as well developed contacts in the industry.
· Understand both resale and new home construction markets in Canada.
· Strong background in sales management with an ability to develop and execute regional sales strategies.
· Must have proven sales leaders and people management skills having managed a large sales force.
· Must demonstrate an ability to influence internal departments to support regional objectives.
· Demonstrate ability to resolve conflict and garner support to achieve regional objectives.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective presentation skills.
· An ability to work well under pressure while managing aggressive sales objectives within, tight timeframes.
· Must understand relevant regulatory and compliance directions both internal and external to Mortgage Sales.
This role operates within a home office.Extensive travel required throughout the assigned region
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Mortgage Advisor, Edmonton South
CIBC - Edmonton, Canada
Mortgage Advisor, North Delta
CIBC - Vancouver, Canada
Mortgage Advisor, Coquitlam
CIBC - Vancouver, Canada
Locate this job: