Locate this job
Business Unit Description:
Retail Markets provides a full range of financial products and services to almost 11 million personal, business and wealth clients, as well as investment management services globally to retail and institutional clients.
CIBC Retail Markets has a broad distribution network serving clients through close to 1,100 branches, as well as CIBC Wood Gundy offices and President’s Choice Financial in-store pavilions. Clients also have 24/7 access to telephone banking, online and mobile banking and online brokerage, as well as to Canada’s second largest ABM network.
Relevant Job Criteria:
There is one Temporary full time position available. Durration: 12 Months
• Develop and implement the one-year marketing plan for assigned products and/or client segments within the context of the overarching marketing plan and budget set down by the Marketing Management team.
• Ensure profitable growth of the assigned products and/or client segments such that the life-time value is maximized; while revenue and other key performance and financial targets for the current fiscal year are met or exceeded.
• Develop and implement strategies to achieve assigned product and/or client segment performance targets:
• Develop one-year marketing plan with monthly/quarterly updates
• Complete business cases for approved initiatives
• Ensure key business partners are aligned with the strategies being implemented
• Develop and obtain signoff on approved initiative plan and strategy documents
• Work with key partners (i.e. Customer Marketing, Finance, etc) to ensure successful implementation of key campaigns and initiatives
• Provide in depth analysis and reporting on key portfolio metrics and client segments
• Interpret business results and help identify trends in internal/external data and track performance against key performance targets – with the goal of highlighting potential issues and/or opportunities.
• Input into financial forecast recommendations
• Leverage, promote and employ analytics to deliver measurable and profitable marketing initiatives
• Enhance existing cardholder segment reporting and develop new reporting (as required) to provide regular updates on key product/performance/cardholder metrics.
•Competitive Intelligence and Evaluation
• Provide frequent reviews of competitive and industry trends and recommend opportunities for CIBC to improve its competitive positioning.
• Liaise with various internal partners on gathering relevant data and provide an integrated view on CIBC’s competitive positioning
• Help identify and integrate new offers, channels and/or technology capabilities aimed at improving initiative effectiveness and profitability.
• Work with key partners including Technology and Finance to determine feasibility and financial impact of competitive offers.
• Business / Product Management / Marketing experience (3-5 years)
• Financial Services marketing experience is an asset.
• Computer Skills
• University/College Business Degree or equivalent Marketing experience
Skills and Attributes:
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strategic thinking
• Business acumen
• Teamwork and partnering
• Results orientation
• Relationship building
• Planning and organizing
• Customer Focus
Location of Position(s):
Apply on company website