Senior Application Developer - Mainframe/Legacy Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON (Job ID 12004922)
Senior Application Developer
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Senior Application Developer, you will join CIBC’s Financial/Allocations Department within Finance Technology team to lead the technical design, development, and integration of cross functional, multi-platform application systems. The successful candidate will work primarily on the ABGL (Automated Branch General Ledger) and Supplementary Feeds applications. This role will work with the business and other technology groups in order to effectively provide application development, maintenance and production support.
– The candidate will be working with a team of developers responsible for application development and maintenance, operational and base essential support of the systems.
– Document business requirements and translate those requirements into technical solutions. The candidate should be able to analyze, design, develop, test and deliver medium to complex systems. This includes working with business contacts to implement change requests, test execution, implementation and documentation.
– Coordinate coding, testing , implementation, integration and documentation of solution
– Perform complex applications programming activities
– Provide solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications
– Ensure that errors are detected to avoid production outages
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
– Must have previous application delivery development experience encompassing knowledge of formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications
– Must have practical working knowledge of: Expert knowledge in COBOL, DB2/VSAM application development; JCL/Endevor knowledge required; Expert Knowledge of CA7 scheduler; IBM utilities & Easytrieve knowledge will be an asset; Experience with financial accounting & general ledger applications will be an asset.
– Should have consulting professional experience to understand approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients and partners
– Must be able to effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications
– Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities
What You Should Know
– On call 24/7 support required
– Must be able to manage multiple priorities (meet deadlines of several concurrent projects and provide on-going day to day production/overnight support).
– May be required to work outside of normal working days/hours.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
Strategic Systems Engineer - Toronto Job
VMware - Toronto, Canada
Sr. Systems Engineer - CORE - Ottawa Job
VMware - Ottawa, Canada
Test Engineer – Advanced Optical Modules
JDSU - Ottawa, Canada
Locate this job: