Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a Senior Application Developer, you will join CIBC’s Wholesale Banking Technology department to provide detailed technical designs and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
– Convert specifications about business requirements into programming instructions.
– Conduct impact analysis, and analysis of organizational needs & goals, for development and implementation of application systems.
– Develop, review, analyse, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
– Provide support for exisiting production applications, and recommend opportunties for enhancements.
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, & accountability.
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years experience as a Senior Application Developer, or in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with a variety of specific tools and toolkit for development and support of applications.
- Must have practical work experience and/or knowledge of the following: MS.Net/ASP/C#, SQL Server 2005/2008 & SSRS, Web Services (Nice), Visual Studios Tool for Office (VSTO; Nice).
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies (Agile preferred) and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
What You Should Know
- Normal office environment.
- May be required to carry a pager for production support – based on a rotating schedule
Apply on company website