Senior Consultant, Environmental Management - 6 months contract Job Listing at CIBC in Toronto, CA-ON
Senior Consultant – Six Month Contract
Environmental Credit Risk Management
Corporate and Operational Risk Management, Risk Services
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Working with the Senior Manager, Environmental Credit Risk Management, you will provide management and technical support for CIBC’s Environmental Credit Risk Management Program, designed to protect CIBC from environmental risks and liabilities resulting from its lending and investment activities. You will administer policies to address environmental risks inherent in CIBC’s retail lending activities and work closely with risk and relationship managers to further develop processes to mitigate risks and reduce potential losses.
As a member of the Environmental Risk Management Group, you may also undertake projects as directed to evaluate environmental risk exposures within CIBC’s credit and investment portfolios and activities and further develop relevant internal due diligence processes.
· Serve as a contact for Retail Markets environmental credit reviews. Provide technical expertise in the evaluation of client environmental risks, both directly and through the use of external third party consulting services as necessary. This activity also includes providing support and sound advice in the structuring of credits to protect CIBC from undue environmental risk.
· Maintain environmental credit risk policies and programs to ensure appropriate awareness thereof among risk and relationship managers for Retail Markets lending.
The environmental legal and regulatory framework in all regions where CIBC operates is continuously evolving and remains ambiguous in many respects. The application and updating of sound environmental risk management procedures with respect to credit transactions requires strong interpretive skills and effective networking with internal and external stakeholders.
The concepts of environmental risk management in credit transactions are complex and require well-developed technical and analytical skills. The job requires some travel related to customer site meetings/inspections and interaction with relationship and risk managers.
The assessment of environmental concerns and problems may require proximity to industrial processes and hazardous materials.
For more information on our Corporate Environmental Management program, please visit: cibc.com/environment.
What We’re Looking For
· Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability.
· A relevant university degree
· Minimum of 7-10 years related work experience, preferrably with extensive experience in the environmental consulting field.
· Practical and theoretical knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the fields of environmental science/engineering and environmental management.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with environmental site assessments, audits, environmental consultants and contaminated site remediation processes.
· Good analytical skills, able to undertake complex studies or projects and develop sound recommendations/solutions.
· Strong communications skills and the ability to provide ongoing technical advice and guidance on conceptual and complex issues in the area of environmental management.Imaginative and innovative, able to use good judgment in developing solutions to environmental issues in lending situations, including identifying actual and/or potential liabilities, and suggesting possible risk mitigation remedies.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
CIB - F&BM - Commodities
J.P. Morgan - AB, Alberta
Software Development Engineer - Transportation Technologies
Amazon - Canada
Locate this job: