Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
TD Bank Canada Toronto, Canada
Fairmont Royal York Toronto, Canada
OfficeTeam North York, Canada
Locate this job
Location: Toronto, CA-ON
Application Deadline: None
Type: Not specified
Career Level: Associate
Salary Range: Not specified
Number of Jobs: 1
Relocation Available: No
Please note that this position will be located from our 750 Lawrence Avenue West office.
In the context of the overall Human Resource strategy and in partnership with Corporate Human Resources subject matter areas and client service teams, the HRC translates business needs into integrated Human Resource solutions to fully leverage people management, employee capability and organizational development withinAlternate Channels, Retail and Business Banking. Contributes by building understanding of HR strategies, policies and programs and by providing value added advice and counsel in all areas of Human Resources including: performance management and progressive discipline, rewards and recognition, recruitment and retention, talent management, succession planning, employee relations, labour relations and diversity. Effectively manages the demands of the client group, presents business specific HR requirements and/or issues to the centres, and partners with the HR centres of expertise in the development of business specific HR solutions.
1. Human Resource Policy and Governance
- Reinforces appropriate application of HR policies, standards and procedures to ensure alignment with the organizations vision, mission and values and to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Provides generalist HR policy interpretation and advice to enhance Managers capability and to ensure adherence to Corporate HR policies, programs and standards.
- Partners with Employee Relations, Policy and Governance and the business on matters of workplace issues and employment legislative requirements to resolve issues that may arise in the workplace.
- Partners with Labour Relations and the business in Toronto on matters of workplace issues and interpretation and adaptation of the Collective Agreement to resolve grievances and other issues that may arise in the workplace.
- Partners with HR Services and Operations on other governance related activities to support regulatory reporting and co-ordination of internal and external compliance and audit reviews.
2. HR Planning and Integration
- Understand client business goals, objectives, and operating environment, develops and implements a LOB human resource plan to enable the business in meeting their goals and objectives.
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of annual Corporate HR initiatives related to Performance Management, Talent Planning, Base Pay and Incentive Pay to ensure the needs of the client groups and Corporate HR are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Incorporates change management methodology into HR planning and integration practices (i.e. stakeholder and impact analysis, implementation and communication plan) to ensure smooth transition towards the desired end state.
- Anticipates and plans for future human capability needs by analyzing and interpreting workforce information, reviewing results of employee surveys, and discussing top of mind issues and concerns with business and HR leaders.
- Partners with HR centres of expertise when presenting business specific HR requirements or assisting the centre with the implementation of new HR initiatives and programs.
- Partners with HR centres of expertise when supporting projects and initiatives including negotiation of the Collective Agreement, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures providing insights and business specific input as required.
3. HR Program Delivery
- SupportsAlternate Channels business strategy and objectives through the delivery of end-to-end HR solutions ranging from strategic positioning to implementation.
- Meets client expectations by effectively managing priorities, deliverables and ensuring HR solutions in the LOB are rolled out in an integrated, efficient and timely manner.
- Works with Alternate Channels leadership team to ensure their HR requirements are met and to help build a working environment conducive to high levels of employee commitment and engagement.
- Supports organization development efforts by partnering with HR centres of expertise on large scale organization design projects, talent management reviews, performance management initiatives and other enterprise-wide HR development efforts.
4. Performance Management and Capability Development
- Provides leadership and guidance to Managers on HR policies, programs and processes (i.e. performance management process (PMM), succession planning process to ensure consistent application of HR programs.
- Helps managers identify and resolve performance management issues including assistance with the identification and escalation of issues to the Labour Relations and Employee Relations, Policy and Governance teams.
- Partners with Corporate Training and Development to identify developmental requirements and support the implementation of T & D solutions to build capabilities within the LOB.
- Provides managers with guidelines, procedures and available tools from the HR centres of expertise to facilitate the delivery of all HR programs in order to enhance manager experience.
- Partners with Labour Relations to ensure adequate awareness and interpretation of the Collective Agreement in Toronto.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of HR concepts, policies and practices acquired through formal academic training and 7 to 10 years experience in an HR generalist capactiy and / or corporate HR areas of expertise.
- Understanding of HR governance/legislation and CIBCs HR policies and programs in order to identify compliance and/or regulatory issues and to proactively provide advice and counsel to Managers and employees.
- Understanding of Labour Relations legislation and practices in order to effectively identify compliance discrepancies and to proactively provide advice and counsel to Managers.
- Knowledge of program management, change management and implementation planning capability to effectively deliver HR solutions to the assigned client groups.
- Business acumen and understanding of the assigned client groups including their culture, their products, services and HR requirements.
- Consulting skills and ability to persuade/influence business leaders on suggested action for turning business issues/problems into viable HR/Business solutions.
- Problem solving skills, ability to determine root cause of complex issues and arrive at sound HR/Business solutions.
- Communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills in order to work effectively with business and HR leaders and partners.
- Ability to manage priorities and work collaboratively with a high performing HR team.
Apply on company website