Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world.We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBCs Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Sr Manager, Commercial Banking - Public Sector and Not-for-Profit Group
For more than a century, CIBC Commercial Banking has been helping businesses reach their full potential. Your role will not be just to be a banker you will be a banking partner, a true champion for our clients businesses, who will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help our clients realize their goals.
Commercial Banking's Public Sector and Not-for-Profit Group is a specialized team of professionals dedicated to providing comprehensive financial solutions to public sector entities and not-for-profit organizations. With offices in Toronto, London, Hamilton, Ottawa and Belleville, the team is a leading provider of credit, cash management and other banking services to the Ontario public and not-for-profit sector. Our clients include hospitals, universities, colleges, school boards, municipalities, government agencies, local distribution companies, and not-for-profit organizations.
As a Senior Manager in the London office (preferred location) of the Public Sector and Not-for-Profit Group,you will have responsibility for managing and growing a portfolio ofcommercial banking clients by proactively developing new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level.
- Proactively assess client needs and propose solutions to meet those needs and the clients broader business objectives
- Develop new client relationships through business development activities leveraging CIBCs comprehensive set of value-added solutions, industry knowledge and expertise, referral sources, existing clients and centres of influence
- Actively monitor and manage the relationship with a client by fully understanding their goals, objectives and status of their business
- Structure, negotiate and document credit and cash management arrangements with clients and prospects that achieve their objectives
- Develop and maintain a network of internal CIBC partners to effectively implement client solutions
- Ensure that clients day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level
- Acquire and maintain a high degree of public and not-for-profit sector knowledge. Understand and stay abreast of changes in the teams target sectors (including regulatory and funding developments), and proactively identify opportunities to allow clients to respond to such changes
- Develop a strong profile in the local business community in order to leverage that profile into effective working relationships with new and existing clients and internal partners
- Mentor staff formally and informally through collaborative teamwork
What We're Looking For
- Should have Bachelors, Masters or equivalent degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Must have 5+ years of previous commercial banking experience, including deal and credit structuring expertise
- Must have experience managing a portfolio of commercial banking clients that have credit needs in excess of $5 million, and/or complex cash management requirements
- Knowledge / experience in covering public sector and not-for-profit organizations desirable
- Must have proven business development (sales) skills
- Must have strong client and relationship management skills
- Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles, including cash flow analysis
- Must have the ability to lead and work on internal account teams that generate ideas and implement solutions for clients
- Must have well-developed communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong working knowledge of CIBC solutions, and the processes and procedures to implement them, would be considered an asset
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBCs values of trust, team work, and accountability
Apply on company website