Locate this job
BUSINESS UNIT DESCRIPTION
The Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs (MCPA) group is responsible for managing client marketing, community investment, government relations, and all internal and external communications to employees, shareholders, clients, and the media. MCPA works closely with the senior executive team, business lines, and functional areas to coordinate all marketing, community investment, and communications. MCPA is part of CIBC Retail Markets but it has an enterprise-wide scope.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Media Strategy Planning, the Senior Manager, Media Planning manages the media planning and execution for brand, sponsorship and business unit activities. This role is a key member of the Marketing and Client Communications team and is focused on providing media expertise to maximize efficiency, optimize spending and drive business results for our strategic priorities and marketing initiatives.
This individual has in-depth media experience delivering annual and per campaign plans against strategies and marketing communications objectives, within a client organization and/or an advertising agency.
· Manage the centralized media planning process for CIBC, championing a strategic and integrated approach that optimizes spend, maximizes efficiency and drives strong business results.
· Working with our media agency, manage the development of all individual line of business (LOB), segment, brand and sponsorship media and SEM strategies and plans, ensuring alignment to the overall strategic media framework.
· Manage the evergreen and per-campaign SEM from strategy to execution. Work with agency SEM-specific team LOBs to develop and execute keyword campaigns and associated ad copy; work with internal eChannels to manage tracking, reporting alignment with SEO.
· As an internal consultant, ensure that overall and individual media plans deliver against CIBC’s communication business objectives holistically across all channels. Ensure all communications activity presents a consistent, strategic and innovative position for CIBC in the competitive FI category. This is sounded a little too high level similar to pt#2, I changed slightly?
· Work with agency to identify innovation opportunities across all media activities, ensuring CIBC is consistently testing and learning in the media space.
· On a per program basis, present the recommended media plan(s) to internal stakeholders within the Marketing Communications team, obtaining their input, feedback and alignment to the plans.
· Provide expert analysis, interpretation and opinion to support the above mentioned media plan recommendations to both the Marketing Communication teams and internal partner groups.
· Act as the primary contact with the agency in the day to day management of all media planning activities across all programs and all business units. Ensure a strong working relationship, with effective processes and efficient day-to-day operations in place.
· Manage media budgets (in excess of $20 million) in conjunction with marketing communications and central budget teams and provide reporting, documentation, authorization and approvals as required.
· Ensure ongoing knowledge and appreciation of CIBC corporate and marketing strategies, and financial services industry and competitive trends. Ensure that media plans are aligned to these larger factors.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge on media trends and tools, in particular with emerging digital and SEM technologies and strategies; media analytics and modeling; competitive financial services and best-in-class media trends.
· Act as the subject matter expert on all facets of media, providing internal media guidance to marketing communication peers, including digital, SEM and social media strategies and technologies; digital, SEM, social media, print and broadcast measurement and analytics.
· Negotiate on behalf of CIBC with partners / suppliers to support pro bono initiatives (i.e. CIBC Run for Cure, Children’s Miracle Foundation Miracle Day event).
· Provide expert analysis and recommendations on media opportunities from the agency and external mass media suppliers.
· Act as a key member of special project teams providing media specific guidance as required.
· Conduct media reporting as required, working with our media agency of record, including measurement of CIBC campaigns and competitive tracking.
· Work with the eChannels division on tracking of digital media, alignment and optimization of SEM and SEO strategies, and ongoing improvements in technical and data capabilities
· Work with eChannels and our Social Media Digital teams to ensure alignment and optimization of paid, owned and earned channels
The Senior Manager collaborates with peers and senior staff both inside and outside the work unit.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
· Strong strategic and analytical capabilities
· Strong leadership and relationship management skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
· Takes initiative, is forward-thinking and proactive
· In-depth problem solving
· Strong results-driven orientation
· Collaborative, but able to influence based on fact
· Decisive Judgment
· Adapting to changing priorities, plans and timelines; championing change
· Normal office environment
Apply on company website