Locate this job
Senior Manager, Personal Banking Offers
Retail and Business Banking – Customer Marketing
0008 - Job Code/Level Pending 8-08
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Purpose of the Role
The Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs (MC&PA) group is responsible for managing client marketing, community investment, government relations, and all internal and external communications to employees, shareholders, clients, and the media. MC&PA works closely with the senior executive team, business lines, and functional areas to coordinate all marketing, community investment, and communications. MC&PA is part of CIBC Retail Markets but it has an enterprise-wide scope.
The Senior Manager, Personal Banking Offers, will be accountable for the development of strategies and leading the identification, design, development and launch of personal client offers to acquire and consolidate client business across CIBC distribution channels (including Branch, Internet, ABM and Telephone Banking). The role will focus on delivering proactive mass and targeted client offers and marketing campaigns to CIBC’s client base, with a special focus on strategic high value segments.
The Senior Manager, Personal Banking Offers will work closely alongside the other Senior Managers/Directors within Client Offers and Marketing Solution teams to engage resources and support initiatives to ensure that CIBC’s overall client objectives are met; specifically, increasing CIBC's share of market, share of client wallet while improving overall client satisfaction and client loyalty.
1. As a member of the Client Offers, Acquisition & Consolidation management team, help set, interpret and enable the client offer strategic direction to be realized in the next fiscal 1 year timeframe, ensuring strong alignment to Retail Markets strategic priorities.
2. Oversee the design, development and implementation of a 1 year personal client acquisition and consolidation plan covering mass and targeted client offers, contact strategies and marketing campaigns. Special priority focus for planning includes CIBC’s top client consolidation opportunities and bundling product offers to expand share of wallet.
3. Identify, design, develop and launch new client offers to drive acquisition and consolidation of client business; specific activities include:
– Performing competitive and/industry/client analysis to help identify gaps and/new client and advice offer opportunities. Work with partners across the business and distribution channels to identify and assess potential alternatives to allow us to fill client offer gaps.
– Assessing offer opportunities, providing options and recommendations, utilizing sound business and financial/business case rationale
– Leading the design and development of differentiated client value propositions and aligned key offer elements; ensuring the maximum leverage of CIBC capability (products, delivery channels and positioning).
– Working closely within the Marketing & Strategy Team and external/internal partner groups to develop and deliver proactive, profitable mass and targeted client offers, contact strategies and marketing solutions; focusing on top priority external consolidation client opportunities
– Responsible, at a senior level, for analyzing client offerings, identifying critical success factors by region/function and/client type which influence the bottom line. Provide timely, factual information and analysis, make recommendations and suggest possible consequences of proposed actions.
– Provide authoritative, factual and conceptual analysis, interpretation and opinion to support and guide senior and executive management in the development and implementation of strategic business plans/client objectives.
– Working closely with product partners, to develop a view of the potential P&L impact and business cases of enhanced and/or new client offers
– Identify key information needs and develops/institutes appropriate data collection routines, analytical procedures and reporting requirements/formats to enable effective decision-making
– Ensuring a test & learn (& strong measurement) approach with regards to new programs; championing change, decision-making and learning for the future
– Lead in the development and implementation of client research, both qualitative and quantitative, to ensure continued understanding of client acquisition and consolidation (e.g. client attitudes, and needs) to identify new opportunities
– Lead in the development of options and proposals for projects related to client enhancements and make recommendations regarding impact, effectiveness and feasibility
4. Lead offer initiative (pilot or national programs) from development to implementation, require strong project management and analytical skills to work effectively with partners across the business and identify potential issues and determine appropriate steps for timely resolution.
5. Provide sales and marketing support on offers, support internal / external communication and procedures as required.
6. Work collaboratively with business partners to meet client needs, championing client objectives and the client experience to ensure timely development and implementation of client offer plans
7. Promote an environment where innovative client solutions are employed to ensure efficient, timely problem resolution. Includes recommending business alternatives when project teams encounter problems
What we are looking for:
1. Post-secondary education is a must. Business administration, Commerce and/Marketing.
2. MBA is an asset, equivalent business experience is required.
3. Product management experience - Advanced knowledge and understanding of product management principles, target marketing principles and practices
4. Comprehensive knowledge and experience (3-5 years) of marketing practices, procedures and principles to implement acquisition and consolidation strategies
5. Proficient analytical and problem solving skills
6. Strong conceptual skills
7. Ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexity
8. Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
9. Strong problem solving and decision making
10. CIBC product experience an asset
11. Influencing groups or individuals over which one does not have direct authority
12. Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
13. Well developed strategic and general business planning skills
14. Ability to build productive relationships between various departments and partners across various customer offers, delivery channels and supplier groups.
15. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal groups, other business units and external partners within CIBC.
16. Ability to implement change rapidly across Retail Markets distribution channels, product partners and businesses
17. Well-developed written skills.
Apply on company website