Apply on Company Website
Purpose of Job
The Senior QA and Reporting Analyst will work closely with the Senior Manager, and business sponsors to manage and execute acceptance testing of the Integrated Credit Analysis Program (iCap) and Credit Exposure Application System (CEAS) systems, following accepted testing methodologies and processes. Within this role, the candidate is responsible for User Acceptance and business verification of product releases, ensuring that the quality of the delivered product meets the expectation of all stakeholders.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Providing support to the BAS iCAP/CEAS team for testing and ongoing use of the application environment.
- User Acceptance Testing, including coordination of stakeholder resources, when applicable, and execution of test cases within established project timelines
- Business verification of product implementations
- Completing Report Request requirements on behalf of Stakeholders and working with Technology to solution.
Responsible for overall Reporting and UAT, including management of participating business stakeholders in performing UAT, regression testing and Production Business verification.
Develop test cases and scenarios.
Define criteria for testing, analyze and present results.
Provide content to stakeholders for End User communications for any new system enhancements. Update Release Notes and Manuals as required.
Completing Report Request requirements on behalf of Stakeholders and working with Technology to solution.
- Applying specialty skills and knowledge to make recommendations and improve functionality within the online credit system, and within defined operating guidelines.
- Required to operate under intense time pressures and over extended periods of time, high degree of commitment to excellence is expected.
- Operate in an environment of significant ongoing change; demonstrating flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Maintaining productive and collaborative relationships with Stakeholders and Technology partners.
- This role requires occasional extended hours work that can generally be done remotely - eg. system verification in the evening.
- Regular contact with peers, stakeholders and senior management to exchange information and/or to provide status and updates.
- Continual contact with Technology team throughout all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Various levels of users within iCap/CEAS.
- iCap/CEAS Technology, in particular, project manager and production support team.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- University degree in Business or Information Technology or similar experience
- Comprehensive working knowledge of banking business and technical systems and processes sufficient to perform comprehensive analysis and make recommendations.
- CIBC banking knowledge strongly preferred.
- iCap or CEAS experience is an asset.
- Ability to design, plan and execute acceptance testing strategies and tactics to ensure software meets requirements
- Knowledge of quality management methods, tools and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization.
- Expected to operate with considerable independence in setting priorities and assessing issues.
- Strong "customer service" attitude when providing expertise to as needed.
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization, across lines of business and with third party vendors.
- Demonstrated prioritization and organizational skills, effectively managing multiple activities of varying complexity while under time constraints.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and SAS.