Apply on Company Website
The Senior Risk Manager is responsible for the adjudicating, measuring, monitoring and controlling credit risk within a portfolio of accounts.
The position offers an ability to display and grow credit, communication, negotiating, resource allocation and time management skills KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ACTIVITIES: Adjudication and Team Leadership for Western Canada:
Agriculture Risk Strategy, Initiatives and Projects:
- Perform a range of functions related to maintaining the quality of the credit portfolio under the incumbent’s jurisdiction in order to minimize loan losses.
- Provide direct credit adjudication for credits up to $3MM, originating from Business Banking under the iCap credit platform.
- Act as a sector and lending specialist, providing expert guidance to assist line partners to achieve prudent, market responsive credit solutions for agriculture clients.
- Review performance of assigned accounts for trends, non-performing and problem accounts.
- Identify potential high-risk accounts and work with the Agriculture Leadership Team to ensure that all such credits are effectively transitioned to the appropriate high-risk credit group.
- Escalate material agriculture industry, sector, file, partner, or related issues to Agriculture Leadership Team.
Interaction with Stakeholders and Business Partners
- Provide industry oversight to assigned agriculture sub-sectors, and work with internal and external partners to ensure lending guidelines are fresh, reasonable, risk and market appropriate.
- Assist initiatives and projects that further the strategies of Agriculture Credit CIBC
- Develop and maintain sector specialty knowledge, openly sharing knowledge within Agriculture Credit and with a diverse array of business partners.
- Act as a trusted resource partner on issues relating to Agriculture Credit and assigned sector specialty.
- Assessing risk levels of clients where errors in judgment on large clients may result in substantial financial loss, operating with a limit of up to $3MM
As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of business policies, standards, guidelines and controls. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A passion for Agriculture demonstrated through knowledge of and experience in the industry.
- Knowledge of and comfort with bank products and lending to farms or businesses
- A positive attitude and a desire to grow internal (Agriculture Credit) and external (CIBC) brand
- A desire to help partners manage and grow quality loan portfolio
- Developed communication and decision making skills to flush out, evaluate and document material elements of credit and operational risk
- High personal standards to build trust relationships within risk and with partners
- Ability to work effectively within a team, sharing knowledge and balancing workloads
- Ability to use established decision framework and methodology, while tailoring and documenting client specific loan offers
- A University Degree in Agriculture Business or Economics or equivalent.
- 2 plus years of experience in Agriculture Lending preferred.
- RMA Accreditation required within a 6 month time frame.
Fluency around the MS Office Suite of Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) an asset.