Locate this job
Technology Consultant – Data Architecture
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Consult on a wide spectrum of existing and emerging infrastructure technologies and associated services and processes. Lead special technical projects.
- Provide comprehensive senior level technical consulting to other IT senior management and senior technical teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise on specific existing technologies. Manage the ongoing vitality of the technology throughout its lifecycle.
- Perform evaluation, selection and application of new and emerging tools and techniques and support the development of business/technology proposals by estimating implementation costs and evaluating options.
- Evaluate compliance with the organization's technology standards. Analyze market trends and experiences.
What We’re Looking For
- Application Development Tools--Knowledge of a variety of specific tools and toolkits for development and support of applications.
- System and Technology Integration--Knowledge of features and facilities for integration and communication among applications, data bases and technology platforms.
- IT Environment--Knowledge of organization's total Information Technology (IT) environment.
- IT Architecture--Knowledge of concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies.
- Consulting--Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques and roles and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients within and outside own area.
- Application Delivery Process--Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for delivering new or enhanced applications.
- Object Relational Database Systems (ordms)--Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for design, development and maintenance of relational databases capable of managing object.
- Influencing--Ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Must have 10 years experience in Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical, and Physical)
- Must have 5 years experience with Meta Data Management (MDM)
- Must have 5 years experience in Financial industry data modeling
Apply on company website