Locate this job
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As a UNIX Technical Specialist you will be responsible for working on system build support, technical support of technical infrastructure and working with multiple technical support teams.
- Supporting teams in a 24X 7 operating environment
- Information Technology infrastructure performance analysis skills
- Competence in Problem and Change Management, with a clear understanding of the customer impact and business requirement.
- Actively manage trends to ensure consistent, measurable service within documented tolerances and Service Levels
- Engage across division boundaries where necessary to resolve problems; ability to understand holistic view of complex infrastructure ecosystems
What We’re Looking For
- Should have 5 years of experience in supporting a structured operations 24 X 7 data center environment
- Should have experience in previous experience and working knowledge of systems management disciplines and operations tools (automation, scheduling, monitoring, problem, change, configuration management etc.)
- Should have competence in Problem and Change Management, with a clear understanding of the customer impact and business requirement.
- Should have working knowledge of Service Now, Service Center, HP OpenView and eTrust ACL
- Should have 5-7 years of working knowledge of Relational Database Technology (e.g. Oracle, Sybase)
- Must have working Unix Systems Management knowledge 5– 7 years
- Should have working experience with Sun workgroup and enterprise class Servers 5 – 7 years
- Must have experience with 5-7 years of experience with operating systemssuch as Solaris 8, Solaris 9, Solaris 10; LDOMs; branded Zones
- Must have experience with Veritas Volume Manager, Verits Cluster Server
- Exposure to other UNIX based OS (AIX/HP) would be an asset
- Exposure to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or other Linux flavors would be an asset
- Experience working with support tools such as HP Openview Management for UNIX, KVM over IP solutions
- Experience with software such as LDAP , Veritas Foundation Suite (VxVM and VxFS) , Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Veritas NetBackup and SANPoint solutions
- Experience with languages such as Shell scripts (ksh and csh) and Perl
- Ability to work in a continuously changing and dynamic environment
- Continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Willingness to work overtime as required
Apply on company website