Apply on Company Website
Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease (USAMRIID). If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking a Viral Vaccinologist for the Frederick, MD area.
- The scientist will work on the preclinical evaluation of filovirus vaccine candidates.
- The contractor main focus is the evaluation and in depth characterization of the humoral and cellular immune response.
- The contractor role requires profound knowledge of immunological techniques such as ELISA, FACS analysis, virus neutralization assays, and other project specific readout systems.
- The contractor shall have experience in development of potency assays.
- The contractor shall have thorough knowledge of the immune response in the appropriate animal models to assess potency and efficacy of vaccine candidates and scientific appreciation of the complexity of immunologic pathways and responses are required.
- The scientist will be responsible for the coordination and execution of a research project in order to achieve the goals that are defined for the project.
- The contractor shall have good skills in documentation, evaluating, reporting results, and writing of protocols for ethical animal experiment approval, scientific documents/papers are required.
- The scientist will work in close collaboration within a project team comprised of researchers, analytical development, and project management as well as external partners. The role requires team player skills, self-motivation and initiative, project management skills, reliability, efficiency, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- The contractor shall plan, manage and execute research projects.
- The contractor shall provide scientific rationale for proof of concept studies.
- The contractor shall keep up to date with newest developments in the field and implement novel technology or readout assays.
- The contractor shall translate research goals into action and accomplish the research target(s).
- The contractor shall have written scientific publications.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Scientist withindustrial RD experience in a matrixed environment.
- PhD with a minimum of 5 years experience in the research and development of vaccines and the management of preclinical studies in a biotechnological or pharmaceutical company.
- We are seeking a highly motivated (senior) scientist with at least 3 years of working experience in the field of vaccines and/or virology.
- Experience in research project design.
- Basic management skills.
- Experience in Viral Vaccines, Immunology and immunological methods as e.g. ELISA, ELISpot, Flow Cytometry.
- Excellent self management, organization and well structured performance.
- Sound GXP knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong communicational skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM's contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient