Sr Software Engineer, iOS Job Listing at Coinstar in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (Job ID 13-0135)
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald's restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com. Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com.
Sr Software Engineer
We're looking for someone with solid iOS development experience, who's familiar with any number of techniques for designing and building high-quality software, including experience with: developing application specifications, various object and data modeling techniques, database design, quality assurance best-practices, and implementation support.
This role is a demanding, highly dynamic, technically challenging position. You must be a top-notch iOS/Objective-C programmer and committed to becoming an integral part of our development team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test applications from the ground up
- Work with outside data sources and API's
- Develop and deploy iOS 5.0 based applications.
- Troubleshoot, optimize and performance tune
- Innovate and brainstorm new features
- Work closely with a Product Manager and a Mobile Application Designer to execute solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field, or equivalent education/experience
- Should be self-driven and operate independently with little guidance.
- Strong OO design and development experience.
- Experience with App Kit and Cocoa Touch SDK.
- Experience with Core Data.
- Able to work with data from outside API's
- Ability to understand and parse XML, JSON and serialized data
- Experience with embedded relational databases (SQLite)
- Experience with Http and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of Multi-threaded interface design
- Should have at least one or two functioning apps in the App Store place
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in Application development on iOS and 3+ years is a must
- Experience with multiple platforms (iOS , WebOS etc).
- Experience with profiling, tuning, and optimizing applications
- Experience building RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with Object-relational mapping libraries.
- Experience with network programming (socket APIs)
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Information Technology Manager - ERP, Database and Telephony Job
HD Supply - Waukegan, IL
CTG - Gary, IN
Mobile Solutions Manager
Accenture - Chicago, IL
Locate this job: