Registered Nurse I Job Listing at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Worcester, MA (Job ID commonwealthma-J33590)
Registered Nurse IRegistered Nurse I
Dept. of Mental Health
Registered Nurse I
Registered Nurse I
Full-Time or Part-Time:
$51,127.70 to $85,316.66 Annually
Number Of Vacancies:
DMH - Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital, 309 Belmont Street, Worcester, MA 01604
This position is funded from the Commonwealth's annual operating budget.Duties:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the absence of a registered nurse of a higher grade, the R.N. I assumes the responsibility for the in-patient ward.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Treats all patients with dignity and respect through interactions which affirm the individual�s needs and preferences and by optimally integrating the patient perspective into all facets of care; will advocate for patients, facilitate timely resolution of patient concerns and assist patients in the exercise of their rights.
2. Direct, supervise, and provide nursing care in assigned area through shift reports, review documentation in patient�s medical records, attends staff meetings and participates in treatment planning.
3. Performs nursing assessment of patient needs by review of patient records, conferring with other clinical staff and observation and interaction with patient.
4. Participate in the development and implementation of treatment plans by attending treatment planning meetings.
5. Administer treatment and medication as prescribed by a physician according to established hospital procedures; maintain accurate medication records as required.
6. Assist in admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
7. Assist physician in examining patient in both physical and mental examinations.
8. Work with ward staff to develop and maintain a therapeutic environment.
9. Actively communicate with members of treatment team and program staff to insure maximum use of available resources and continuity of treatment.
10. Determine specific assignment for nursing staff taking into consideration the needs of the patient and the skills of the staff.
11. Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with hospital departments.
12. Participate in emergency procedures during fires, Blue Days, or other hospital disasters in accordance with established procedures.
13. May be requested to participate in job performance evaluations of nursing staff.
14. Able to perform charge Nurse duties for a single shift.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: None.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL LEVELS IN SERIES: Current and valid registration as a professional nurse under the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing . *
*Recent graduates from an approved school of nursing must have applied for the first available registered nurse examination. Based on assignment, possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator's license may be required.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit
http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori, and click on �Information for Job Applicants�
As applicable, preference for this position will be given to those candidates who are eligible for Civil Service/ConTest Reinstatement/Reemployment or to those candidates who have passed the civil service examination for this job title, and who respond to the job certification that was recently issued for this location and/or to employees laid off or bumped from this title who are eligible for recall, and in accordance with Article 14 or applicable Collective bargaining requirements.
Located on over 100 acres in Worcester, Massachusetts, Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital (WRCH) is part of an integrated network of effective, efficient and culturally competent mental health services. It provides intermediate and long-term inpatient care for individuals with serious and persistent mental illness who live in Massachusetts, as well as individuals requiring specialized court ordered evaluations.
WRCH provides inpatient services to 260 inpatient adults; 30 inpatient adolescents and 30 residential adolescents, in either an Intensive Residential Treatment Program (IRTP) or a Behavioral Intensive Residential Treatment Program (BIRT).
The hours to be worked for each 40 hour shift are:
First Shift - 6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Second Shift - 2:45 p.m. to 11:15 p.m.
Third Shift - 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Days off are to be determined.
Candidates must be able to read, write and otherwise communicate in English.
How To Apply:
Please identify Posting ID#J33590 and mail, fax or email your cover letter and resume to:
Office of Health, Human Resources
Department of Mental Health � Central West Area
Attn: Barbara Larson
309 Belmont Street
Worcester, MA 01604
NOTE: INTERNAL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN �INTERNAL APPLICATION FOR POSTED POSITION�.
All applications and/or resumes must be submitted to Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
Please direct inquiries to 508-368-3408.
Agency Web Address:
Ms. Joy Connell, (617) 626-8133
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare-Nursing jobs in Providence, RI
View similar jobs:
Homecare RNs and LPNs needed for young woman near Taunton trach and vent skills required
BAYADA Home Health Care - Berkley, MA
CNA - Per Diem, Various Shifts - Franklin, MA
Kindred Hospital - Franklin, MA
RN Registered Nurse Home Health Per Diem Bilingual Worcester Office
BAYADA Home Health Care - Worcester, MA
Locate this job: