CFO - Holy Cross Hospital in Taos, NM Job Listing at Community Health Systems in Franklin, TN (Job ID chs-1311382)
Hospital / Healthcare
Title: CFO - Holy Cross Hospital in Taos, NM
Location: TN-Franklin (Nashville Region)
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Holy Cross Hospital is a 47 bed, 501 c 3 facility that is governed by a 12 member self-appointed Board. With a service area of 32,000, the hospital currently staffs 25 beds with an ADC = 18.6. Gross patient revenues = $104 million, net patient revenues = $46 million, A/R days = 42.5 (net) and bad debt = 5.1%. There are 45 active physicians on staff, with another 55 physicians in courtesy/consulting roles. A six bed observation unit will open 2/18/13. Future plans include the addition of three medical office buildings including one for UNM – Taos health services. The hospital website is: www.taoshospital.org.
Taos is a beautiful destination and resort community located in northern New Mexico approximately 55 miles northeast of Sante Fe, along the scenic Rio Grande Canyon. Taos is internationally known popular ski resort town with four major ski resorts within 20 minutes. It also serves as an artistic haven, retirement community and tourist destination - particularly for summer time outdoor sports and recreation. Known for a mild and pleasant climate year round, Taos has a strong arts and liberal arts influence, with its own community television station, a branch of the University of New Mexico and boasts over 180 not-for-profit organizations. Community websites include: www.taos.org, www.taoschamber.com and www.taoswebb.com
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for administering the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures. This position works collaboratively with the CEO and governing Board in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans and capital budgets as supported by the hospital's long and short range objectives. The CFO monitors the hospital's fiscal performance on realizing its established plans and objectives and identifies and reports undesirable trends with remedial action recommendations to the governing Board for final review and approval. The CFO assumes a lead role in exploring and implementing means of managing and improving the financial performance of the hospital as well as oversees internal accounting controls, all areas of receivables management, and other business office systems and procedures to achieve efficiencies in the business office.
* BS or BA in Accounting; CPA and/or FHFMA preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of significant hospital financial experience as a hospital CFO or a Controller in a larger hospital.
* Must be capable of supervising general accounting, patient financial services, including registration, billing and collection, budget and pro forma development experience, management info systems and materials management, have comprehension of interaction between finance and operations.
* Must have significant experience and knowledge with hospital revenue cycle including HIM and PAS department operations.
* Strong leadership, communication and strategic skills.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
* Salary is commensurate with experience.
* To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), employee assistance program, and much more.
* PLEASE NOTE: The CFO will be an employee of QHR.
Primary Locaiton: TN-Franklin (Nashville Region)
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Occupational Therapist - PRN Ped's - Clarksville, TN
Concentra - Clarksville, TN
Amedisys - Nashville, TN
Clinical Assessment Manager
Amedisys - Nashville, TN
Locate this job: