Medical Assistant Job Listing at Concentra in El Paso, TX
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Working under supervision of various providers and/or Center Administrator, in an outpatient setting, provides basic and routine assistance with patient care delivery within the medical assistant scope of practice and required certifications in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Welcomes patients
* Prepares patients for health care visit
* Places patient in exam room for provider evaluation.
* Obtains medical history.
* Verifies patient information
* Prepares, assists and accurately completes all forms
* Supports patient care delivery
* Assists providers during examination and treatment
* Takes vital signs and performs all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations
* Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) and as certified.
* Assists in surgery set up and injury care as directed by the treating provider
* Dispenses medications and appliances within scope of practice and as ordered by the treating provider and in accordance with state regulations.
* Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating provider.
* Educates patients
* Completes records
* Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks rooms with required supplies
* Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment
* Conducts business in a service-oriented manner that is attentive, cooperative, sensitive, respectful and kind with dealing with patients, visitors, the public and all colleagues
* Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance in the lobby and overall center throughout the day.
* Performs drug screen collections for both DOT and Non-DOT drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
* Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record processing as requested by Center Administrator.
* Attends centers staff meetings as required.
* Completes required certifications; becomes proficient in clinic systems and procedures, and maintains currency in all policies, practices and procedures.
* May assist with clerical activities related to appointment scheduling and patient intake , data verification, office communications, and filing of patient records.
* May take X-Rays with appropriate certification and/or licensing.
* Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
Exceptional Customer Service
High school graduate or GED with training as a medical assistant or military medical specialist with a minimum of 12 months directly applicable work experience and current MA credentials in state employed according to state requirements and applicable regulations.
1 year continuous experience in clinical operations or medical office work post externship
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
Attention to detail
Customer Service skills
Problem solving skills
Basic knowledge of clinical procedures, medical anatomy and physiology.
Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
Basic procedural skills such as blood draws, EKG/PFT testing
Ability to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of settings
Ability to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
Effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other colleagues. Ability to use tact and diplomacy appropriate to situation.
Ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.
Excellent customer service skills.
Fast paced, deadline-oriented clinical office environment.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
El Paso, Texas, United States
Operations - MC, WS, At Works
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in El Paso, TX
View similar jobs:
Full-time Occupational Therapist job in Anthony, NM
Soliant Health - Anthony, NM
El Paso, TX Occupational Therapy Job
Soliant Health - El Paso, TX
Occupational Therapist - OT Job in Las Cruces, NM Area School System - Contract
Soliant Health - Las Cruces, NM
Locate this job: