Occupational Therapist Job Listing at Concentra in San Antonio, TX
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Concentra is expanding our services in San Antonio to include pediatric rehab, and we are seeking Occupatiional Therapists to join our team! A super compensation package is offered.
We look for talented professionals who will embrace and personify the Company values of:
*A Healing Focus
*A Selfless Heart
*A Tireless Resolve
Successful candidates will be those who exemplify the welcoming, respectful & skillful behaviors that support our Company focus on excellence in health, wellness, customer service and a passion for lifestyle change.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs supervisory duties and evaluations on patients and helps them improve basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also compensate for permanent loss of function by teaching them to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments, in accordance with Concentra Medical Centers’ Injury Process Management and Concentra.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conducts an initial evaluation on physician referrals anddevelops appropriate treatment plans.
* Ensures that other treating medical professionals have the necessary information to appropriately evaluate the patient’s functional ability.
* Documents treatment plansaccording to guidelines.
* Communicates with referring physicians, giving full evaluations and patient’s progress.
* Provides recommendations for continuance or changes in patient’s therapy program.
* Communicates with all medical providers regarding patients and diagnoses for referral to occupational therapy as well as advances in the field.
* Communicates with all therapy patients, setting expectations for return-to-work and emphasizing education and motivation.
* Develops knowledge of best demonstrated practices and specific quality indicators to measure and improve them.
* Communicates with employers concerning specific rehabilitation issues of injured employees as indicated and meets with employers to discuss Concentra’s early intervention philosophy.
* Coordinates to keep missed appointment rates within acceptable ranges.
* Participates in the evaluation of the capital equipment and staff needed to fulfill rehabilitation responsibilities.
* Participates with the Center Therapy Director tobring new businessto the center.
* Assistswith the provision ofstatistical analysisof the center’s therapy performance.
* Establishes and promotes clear lines of communication between therapy and other center staff members.
* Assists in tracking of pre-authorization requirements according to state standards in the patients chart.
* Assists with the interviewingof prospective therapy staff and provides feedback.
* Assistswith the coordination of the center’stherapy staff schedulesto ensure efficient productivity while meeting client needs.
* Assists withevaluation of the performanceof all Therapy Technician staff and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant’s (COTA).
* Assists with the disciplinary processfor all Therapy Technician staff members and/or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant’s (COTA).
* Assists in the identification of issues in need of disciplinary action.
* Assists indetermining the pointat which the action has been corrected, further discipline must be conducted, or if termination is necessary.
* Communicates with the Outcome Assurance Injury Coordinator or the Case Manager for each patient.
* Communication regarding the patients’ objective progress, compliance with the program, compliance with attendance of scheduled appointments, the therapist’s estimated time frame until discharged from therapy.
* Participates in clinicalinstructionof university occupational therapy and/or occupational therapist assistantstudents.
* Participates with the evaluation of the effectiveness of the rehabilitation quality management process and assist in new and improved processes.
* Ensures compliance with rules and regulations established by the relevant licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
* Develops a working knowledge of the Americans with DisabilitiesAct (ADA),their State Workers’ Compensation law.
* Develops or improves occupational medicine services and overall teamwork within the centers.
* Meets with the Regional Therapy Director or the designee on a regular to discuss quality of patient care, procedures, records, review of new policies and other issues as indicated.
* Participates regularly in professional continuing education.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Clinical environment.
* Demonstrated strong communication and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to makes assessments and provide intervention techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to provide education in an appropriate manner to the patient.
* Demonstrated ability to listen attentively.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize signs and symptoms of pain.
* Demonstrated ability to be patient and responsive to patient’s needs.
* Licensure requirements of jurisdiction.
JOB RELEVENT EXPERIENCE:
* Two to four years clinicalexperience working in a pediatric setting.
* This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Aspen Dental - Selma, TX
Aspen Dental - San Antonio, TX
Aspen Dental - Selma, TX
Locate this job: