Physician - Area Medical Director Job Listing at Concentra in Oklahoma City, OK
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Physician - Area Medical Director
The Regional/Area Medical Director (RMD/AMD) working in coordination with the other members of the Regional/Area Leadership Team (RLT, ALT) and under the direction of the Zone Vice President of Medical Operations shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner.
The Area Medical Director has oversight for a designated number of Concentra Medical Centers which may encompass a portion of a market, the entire market, or a combination of smaller markets. The Regional Medical Director position, while including all the responsibilities of an AMD, encompasses more centers and a larger geographic region.
The RMD/AMD along with the other members of the Regional and Area Leadership Team (RLT, ALT) participates in activities and programs focused on the strategic growth of the business and customer relationship development. In addition, the RMD/AMD interacts and consults with other RLT/ALT team members as it pertains to market Human Resources activities such as interviewing, hiring, disciplinary process, coaching and other responsibilities as needed.
In addition, the RMD/AMD helps support worksite, mobile and episodic based activities and services delivered through Health Solutions that may be provided to their market clients. The RMD/AMD interacts and consults with sales, operations and Vice Presidents of Worksite Medical Programs and TotalCare or designees in the planning, implementation, staffing, operations support and appropriate clinical oversight of these programs.
The RMD/AMD works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President and Vice President of Medical Operations and the Area, Regional and Zone leadership teams to coordinate and execute corporate strategies in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
The RMD/AMD will ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
* A healing focus
* A selfless heart
* A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
* Participates with other Regional/Area Medical Directors to provide consistent medical practice in an area/region/Zone.
* Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model and standard of care.
* Sets level of medical care, proficiency in clinical activities of support staff and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
* Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
* Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
* Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
* Implements policy and protocol defined by VP Medical Director, Medical Advisory Committee and Chief Medical Officer.
* Meets with VP Medical Operations about quality of care, policy, procedure and records issues and to develop best practice medical, clinical support staff and process management protocols.
* Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the market
* Work with the Regional/Area Therapy Director to develop appropriate therapy treatments.
Business / Financial Responsibilities:
* Focuses on the financial objectives of market/company.
* Evaluates the capital equipment and staff needs of each area center of responsibility.
* Participates in all centers of responsibility to bring new business to the centers.
* Provides input on statistical analysis of each center’s performance.
* Promotes clear lines of communication between Medical Operations and the other staff members in all area centers of responsibility.
* Assists in establishing budgetary goals for centers of responsibility.
* Participates in setting staffing levels in area or region and assures appropriate training for scope of service provided.
* Conducts and/or oversees orientation for Center Medical Directors, staff physicians, and mid-level clinicians covering Concentra philosophy, medical protocols and process management.
* Provides the CMDs with guidance in the supervision of the center medical staff; including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Medical Assistants and X-Ray Techs.
* Meets with clinicians to review outcome data and other quality management metrics.
* Meets with clinicians about practice patterns and Concentra philosophy.
* Participates in continuing education programs for center clinicians and back office medical support staff.
* Assists CMD in the training of medical staff as well as students who train in the center.
* Conducts CMDs performance management to include performance evaluations and discipline activities.
* Provides leadership necessary to retain Concentra’s reputation as the industry leader.
* Oversight of Concentra’s area or regional Worksite programs.
* Serves as resource to sales staff for medical questions and customer protocol development.
* Disseminates and interprets outcomes information for the area’s clinicians, and uses that information to improve quality of care within the area/market that is consistent with national standards.
* Works with sales, therapy and operations to ensure that processes and controls are in place to ensure that optimal outcomes can be achieved. Assists in interpreting outcomes information for specific customers.
* Participates in the development and implementation of area quality improvement program consistent with NCQA standards:
* Leads or participates in a Quality Improvement Committee and its supporting structure.
* Implements established credentialing standards and processes.
* Assists in the implementation of patient and employer satisfaction surveys.
* Leads clinician quality of care and peer review programs.
* Shares areas best practices/programs with rest of company.
* Participates in development of programs leading to on-site medical, consulting, physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, nursing, and safety services with customer companies.
* Day to day oversight of Worksite and At Works (episodic services) clinicians to include state specific requirements and assuring clinical collaboration or supervision of mid-level or nursing staff is provided by clinicians with appropriate clinical experience.
* Interacts with the VPs and National Medical Directors of Worksite or TotalCare programs and appropriate regional or strategic operations managers about quality of care and scope of practice, clinical oversight resources, and policy, procedure and records issues, as well as to develop best practice medical and process management protocols.
Regional/Area Leadership Team Responsibility:
* Interacts and consults with each member of the RLT/ ALT regarding the Market activities such as:
* Market and center strategy and growth;
* Participation in the periodic RLT/ALT and CLT meetings;
* Determine best recruiting requirements necessary to meet job/position requirements and center objectives
* Consult as a team to assist CLT with center staff performance management including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and termination decisions, as applicable and appropriate. Colleague performance management to include:
* Provide regular coaching & feedback to improve colleague performance
* Empower center colleagues to assess center processes and work flows to continuously improve the patient experience
* Assign/delegate duties with follow up to ensure completion
* Work schedule management
* Other Regional/ Area Leadership Team responsibilities that may arise as needed.
Area Operations/Customer Relationship Management:
* Develops effective client relations and leads and/or participates in business development with employers and payers.
* Participates in new business development including client meetings and presentations as needed.
* Meets with customers to help work through their needs, and identify opportunities for medical services that will benefit the customer, and customer employees:
* Participates in the development of Total Care programs for customers
* Performs site visits as needed to new and existing companies in an effort to solidify relationships with client companies.
Provides budget input and meets with the Zone Leadership to review budget performance.
Directly: Center Medical Directors in Area or Region.
Indirectly:All Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Assistants, and X-Ray Techs.
* Medical Center environment
* Fast paced environment
* Travel within area/region of responsibility
* Strong service philosophy, mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
* Agrees, supports, and commits to Concentra’s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
* Excellent communication skills including speaking, presentation, listening, telephone, negotiation, business and medical writing skills necessary to convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
* Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications.
* Working knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management.
* Proven ability to effectively supervise other professionals.
* Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to professional standards and practice guidelines.
* Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff.
* Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
* Ability to put patients first” and enjoys treating patients.
* Superior patient/customer service and bed side manner” skills.
* Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
* Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and outcome
* Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor (no arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients.
* Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
* Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback.
* Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
* Basic computer skills, including email.
* Preferred experience with electronic medical record.
* Excellent critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
* Sense of urgency, accustomed to tight deadlines, fast paced environment and ability to quickly adapt to change and stressful situations.
* Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, or other Primary Care specialty (such as Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, or Internal Medicine).
* Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction as required for clinical and/or business duties.
* Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction.
* Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from accredited institution.
* ACLS Certified preferred.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 5 years directly applicable experience including relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical scope.
* Preferred 3 years experience in managed care, physician management and occupational/preventive medicine consulting with employer groups.
* Experience developing and leading medical quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care setting.
* This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Physicians - MC, WS, At Works
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Oklahoma City, OK
View similar jobs:
Sales People Pond Construction
Garden Ponds Unlimited - Oklahoma City, OK
Pharmacist Respiratory Therapist
Oklahoma Heart Hospital - Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma Heart Hospital - Oklahoma City, OK
Locate this job: