**Physician Assistant Job Listing at Concentra in Detroit, MI
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Subject to the medical protocols established by the Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with Supervising Physicians, Physician Assistant shall provide primary medical direction and coordination of care. Directly reports to Center Medical Director. We are looking for PRN, Part Time, and Full Time Coverage at our Concentra Medical Centers in the Greater Detroit Market. Experience with Occupational Medicine and Urgent Care preferred! Apply today to discover location opportunities!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports physicians and performs tasks traditionally performed by physicians.
* Engages in direct patient care:
* Performs physical, mental status and medical history examinations; makes records of findings subsequently reviewed and countersigned by supervising physician;
* Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician;
* Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary;
* Applies local anesthetic, examines and cleans wounds, incises and drains abscesses and sutures;
* Performs duties as required by supervising physician.
* Participates in the "on call" program to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
* Works with Center Medical Director (CMD) to develop, implement and revise policy and helps ensure operations adhere to policy and standards of occupational medicine, Association and Concentra.
* Participates in quality of care process reviews.
* Recommends potential growth for new and/or existing services.
* Helps ensure center's compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
* Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on-site assessments.
* Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury or return to work status.
* Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
* Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 2 years clinical experience in a primary care specialty and/or occupational medicine
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
* Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing rehabilitation services
* Working knowledge of worker's compensation and clinical procedures/processes.
* Working knowledge of diagnoses and treatment of minor trauma and orthopedic injuries.
* Agrees and commits to Concentra's core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
* Superior interpersonal communication skills; medical writing skills.
* Superior customer service and "bedside manner" skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to providing excellent patient care; values all contributions to product and outcome; is not arrogant.
* Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor at all times both to external and internal clients.
* Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; responds positively to feedback.
* Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
* Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
* Clinic environment
* Minimal travel
* Work outside of core hours as required
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Detroit, MI
View similar jobs:
Pharmacist Floater Part Time
CVS Caremark - Saint Clair Shores, MI
Pharmacist Full Time
CVS Caremark - Detroit, MI
Medical Technologist Coordinator - Blood Bank
Garden City Hospital - Garden City, MI
Locate this job: