Physician - PRN Job Listing at Concentra in Philadelphia, PA
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Physician - PRN
Concentra is currently seeking a PRN Physician for Philadelphia. Successful candidates will be those who exemplify the welcoming, respectful & skillful behaviors that support our Company focus on excellence in health, wellness, customer service and a passion for lifestyle change.
Part Time/PRN Concentra Physicians diagnose and treat work related injuries, and perform pre-placement, DOT, public safety, and surveillance physical examinations for varied private companies and governmental agencies. Clinicians with primary care and urgent care experience and good communication skills are encouraged to apply, and learn more about the exciting and satisfying field of occupational medicine at Concentra. Center hours are regular and are scheduled.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs medical assessment of Center patients (multiple clinics).
* Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for center patients.
* Maintains clinical core competency.
* Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical policy and professional standards in occupational medicine and standards of Association and Concentra.
* Cooperates and participates in the development, implementation and revision of policies affecting medical practice, judgement and quality of occupational health care.
* Participates in and assists with in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by or associated with Association or Concentra.
* Recommends potential means of growth and development for new and/or existing services within the Center; reviews statistical reports relative to Center operations.
* Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director their designee, on a regular basis to discuss quality of patient care and review policies, procedures and records.
* Submits periodic reports on activities of the Center to Concentra and Association as requested.
* Assists in scheduling and providing medical coverage for Centers owned, operated or managed by Association or Concentra.
* Provides budgetary input sufficient to guarantee that medical responsibilities can be adequately met by the center.
* Promotes, supports and engages in projects and activities which will develop or improve occupational medicine services delivered at the Center.
* Participates in and assists with routine and episodic quality assurance processes.
* Assures compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
* Participates in development and presentation of education programs for staff.
* Represents Association and Concentra as reasonably required at internal and external meetings.
* Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs, and conducts work place walk-throughs and other on-site assessments.
* Regularly calls client representatives upon seeing employee patients for initial injuries and change of duty status.
* Participates in the call” program of Concentra and Association to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
* In the absence of the Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical staff (e.g. physician assistants, nurse practitioners and medical assistants) to ensure Concentra’s mission is achieved.
* Demonstrated knowledge of techniques and information needed to diagnose and treat human injuries.
* Demonstrated therapy and counseling knowledge.
* Demonstrated administration and management knowledge.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
* Demonstrated personnel and human resources knowledge.
* Demonstrated human behavior and performance knowledge.
* Demonstrated customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrated knowledge of systems evaluation
* Demonstrated manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, speech clarity, and near vision.
* Demonstrated critical thinking, active learning, deductive reasoning and judgement and decision making skills.
* Demonstrated speaking to effectively convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
* Demonstrated ability to instruct skills and to teach others.
* Demonstrated reading comprehension.
* Demonstrated ability to monitor self and other individuals and to take corrective action.
* Demonstrated social perceptiveness.
* Demonstrated ability to document and record information.
* Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
* Graduate of accredited MD program
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
* 0 – 2 years clinical experience in a primary care specialty and/or occupational medicine clinic.
* This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Physicians - MC, WS, At Works
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Physical Therapy Asst - PTA- Chicago (60644)
RehabCare - United States of America
Health Care Economics Analyst I (position located in Virginia Beach) Job
Amerigroup - United States of America
Health Care Economics Analyst Principal I (position located in Virginia Beach) Job
Amerigroup - United States of America
Locate this job: