Primary Care - Physician - Area Medical Director Job Listing at Concentra in Evanston, IL
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Primary Care - Physician - Area Medical Director
Concentra is seeking a physician who is Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine for an Area Medical Director (AMD) position in Concentra's Primary Care segment. Ideal candidates will be based in Chicago, IL. If interested in learning more -apply today!
The Area Medical Director working in coordination with the other members of the Area Leadership Team (ALT) and under the direction of the Vice President of Medical Operations, Primary Care, or designee shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner.
The Area Medical Director has oversight for a designated number of Concentra Medical Centers which may encompass a portion of a market, the entire market, or a combination of smaller markets.
The AMD along with the other members of the Zone Leadership Team (ZLT) participates in activities and programs focused on the strategic growth of the business and customer relationship development. In addition, the AMD interacts and consults with other ALT team members as it pertains to market Human Resources activities such as interviewing, hiring, transfers, disciplinary process, coaching and other responsibilities as needed.
In addition, the AMD helps develop, implement and support medical management, quality management, provider contracting, and medical record documentation, and customer service programs and activities in his/her market. The AMD interacts and consults with operations, payors and other Concentra AMDs in the planning, implementation, staffing, operations support and appropriate clinical oversight of these programs.
The AMD works closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Medical Operations and the Area, Regional and Zone leadership teams to coordinate and execute corporate strategies in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures.
The AMD will ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying: A healing focus, A selfless heart, A tireless resolve.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
* Participates with other Regional/Area Medical Directors to provide consistent medical practice in an area/region/zone.
* Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with Concentra’s standard of care.
* Sets level of medical care, proficiency in clinical activities of support staff and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
* Completes all medical record documentation appropriately after each patient encounter or prior to end of shift.
* Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
* Implements policy and protocol defined by VP Medical Operations, Medical Advisory Committee and Chief Medical Officer.
* Meets with VP Medical Operations about quality of care, policy, procedure and records issues and to develop best practice medical, clinical support staff and process management protocols.
* Meets with Center Medical Directors as necessary to review outcome data, quality management metrics and other metrics, and assure proficiency in the policies, procedures and care protocols.
* Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the market
* Assists in scheduling medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers
* Work with the Regional/Area Therapy Director to develop appropriate therapy treatments.
* Assist in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, durable medical equipment and home health care.
Business / Financial Responsibilities
* Focuses on the financial objectives of market/company.
* Evaluates the capital equipment and staff needs of each area center of responsibility.
* Participates in all centers of responsibility to bring new business to the centers.
* Provides input on statistical analysis of each center’s performance.
* Promotes clear lines of communication between Medical Operations and the other staff members in all area centers of responsibility.
* Assists in establishing budgetary goals for centers of responsibility.
* Participates in setting staffing levels in area or region and assures appropriate training for scope of service provided.
* Conducts and/or oversees orientation for Center Medical Directors, staff physicians, and mid-level clinicians covering Concentra philosophy, medical protocols and process management.
* Provides the CMDs with guidance in the supervision of the center medical staff; including Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Medical Assistants and X-Ray Techs.
* Meets with clinicians to review outcome data, medical record documentation and other quality management metrics and uses that information to improve quality of care within the area/market that is consistent with national standards.
* Meets with clinicians about practice patterns and Concentra philosophy
* Participates in continuing education programs for center clinicians and back office medical support staff.
* Assists CMD in the training of medical staff as well as students who train in the center.
* Conducts CMDs performance management to include performance evaluations, coaching on service, performance and other job related issues, monitoring to determine if issues have been corrected or need further development or disciplinary action, and discipline activities.
* Provides leadership necessary to promote and ensure clinical development and a positive and effective team environment.
* Assists in network development
* Works with and operations to ensure that processes and controls are in place to ensure that optimal outcomes can be achieved. Participates in the development and implementation of medical management, quality improvement, medical record documentation and customer service programs, including participation in committees and peer review
Regional/Area Leadership Team Responsibility
* Interacts and consults with each member of the ALT regarding the Market activities such as:
* Market and center strategy and growth;
* Participation in the periodic ZLT, RLT/ALT and CLT meetings;
* Determine best recruiting requirements necessary to meet job/position requirements and center objectives
* Consult as a team on the hiring decisions of the best candidates who:
* Possess the required qualifications/skills and behavioral competencies;
* Will meet company/center service standards and position expectations: and
* Display the manner/ attitude, philosophy and characteristics to support the Company’s core values
* Consult as a team to assist CLT with center staff performance management including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and termination decisions, as applicable and appropriate. Colleague performance management to include:
* Provide regular coaching & feedback to improve colleague performance
* Empower center colleagues to assess center processes and work flows to continuously improve the patient experience
* Assign/delegate duties with follow up to ensure completion
* Work schedule management
* Other Regional/ Area Leadership Team responsibilities that may arise as needed.
Area Operations/Customer Relationship Management
* Works closely with Area/ Regional Operations Director to facilitate efficient operations
* Develops effective payor relations and leads and/or participates in business development with payors.
* Participates in new business development
Provides budget input and meets with the Zone/Regional Leadership to review budget performance.
Directly: Center Medical Directors in Area or Region.
Indirectly:All Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Assistants, and X-Ray Techs
* Medical Center environment
* Fast paced environment
* Travel within area/region of responsibility
* Strong service philosophy, mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
* Agrees, supports, and commits to Concentra’s core practice standards and Policies and Procedures.
* Excellent communication skills including speaking, presentation, listening, telephone, negotiation, business and medical writing skills necessary to convey information to supervisors, peers, or customers.
* Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications.
* Working knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
* Proven ability to effectively supervise other professionals
* Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to professional standards and practice guidelines.
* Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff.
* Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale and productivity.
* Ability to put patients first” and enjoys treating patients.
* Superior patient/customer service and bed side manner” skills.
* Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
* Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and outcome
* Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor (no arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients.
* Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
* Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback.
* Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
* Basic computer skills, including email.
* Preferred experience with electronic medical record.
* Excellent critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
* Sense of urgency, accustomed to tight deadlines, fast paced environment and ability to quickly adapt to change and stressful situations.
* Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
* Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
* Maintain licensure and skills.
* Attain and/or maintain board certification.
* Board Certified in a primary care specialty.
* Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction as required for clinical and/or business duties.
* Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction.
* Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from accredited institution.
* ACLS Certified preferred JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 5 years directly applicable experience including relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical scope.
* Preferred 3 years experience in managed care and physician management. Experience developing and leading medical management and quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care setting.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, special disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Physicians - MC, WS, At Works
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Dentist - Associate
Aspen Dental - Bourbonnais, IL
Lab Technician Program Trainee
Aspen Dental - Valparaiso, IN
Dentist - Managing Clinical Director
Aspen Dental - Bourbonnais, IL
Locate this job: