Primary Care - Physician - Full Time Job Listing at Concentra in Schertz, TX
Hospital / Healthcare, Health Products & Services
Primary Care - Physician - Full Time
Concentra is currently seeking a full time BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Practice Physician for our primary care clinic in Schertz, TX.
Subject to the standards of care adopted by Physician Association and the Chief Medical Officer of Concentra and in cooperation with other physicians assigned to a clinic or Center”, Physician shall provide quality health care in an efficient, cost-effective and caring manner. Directly reports to Center Medical Director.
Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
* A healing focus
* A selfless heart
* A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Evaluates and treats patients in accordance with standards of care
* Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for center patient
* Completes all medical record documentation appropriately after each patient encounter or prior to the end of the shift
* Works with Center Medical Director to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association and Concentra.
* Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
* Meets with Concentra’s Medical Director or designate to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
* Assists in scheduling and medical coverage for company owned or Physician Association managed centers.
* Participates in quality management processes including encouragement of clinical support staff to assure proficiency in the delivery of clinical support activities.
* Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
o Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for physicians, medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra
o In the absence of Center Medical Director, provides guidance to other medical personnel and center colleagues
* Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits
* Participates in the local primary care on-call” program of Concentra and Association
* Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, durable medical equipment and home health care
* Clinic environment
* Minimal travel
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
* Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
* Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Superior customer service and bed side manner” skills.
* Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
* Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
* Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
* Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage
* Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
* Maintain licensure and skills.
* Attain and/or maintain board certification.
* Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction.
* Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university.
* Board Certification or Eligibility in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine.
* Preferred two to five years experience in a primary care setting
* This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, special disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Schertz, Texas, United States
Physicians - MC, WS, At Works
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in San Antonio, TX
View similar jobs:
Physical Therapy Assistant
Community Health Systems - Victoria (San Antonio region), TX
Patient Care Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - Jourdanton, TX
Patient Care Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - San Antonio, TX
Locate this job: