Locate this job
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Purpose of Position:
To engage with projects and customers enacting as a central point of contact for EAS operations for:
• Project engagement. Central point of contact to assign EAS resource, maintain process rigor, compliance and receivership into EAS operations (Support and MDM)
• Consulting to our Business partners and function
• Training requirement and content
• Metrics Analysis & Reporting
• EAS operations support for process improvement, internal project execution. Partner with BPE
Provide ongoing assessment of existing services, system, processes and controls to identify, recommend and implement necessary improvements to support growth related to strategic initiatives.
Manage and recruit right size, type and quality of talent to ensure delivery of quality and timely services as defined by our SLAs and/or agreed milestones.
• Participate in a consulting capacity on projects when need arises. Understand project requirements as it relates to EAS support and MDM. Work with EAS leadership to agree project resource assignment as necessary and project timelines and milestones. Manage any conflicts with project teams, escalate where necessary to resolve and close gaps.
• Work with MDM Manager to ensure mass data upload executed to agree process, methodology and tools.
• Work with Support Manager to ensure adherence to PASS/ATP and Testing Approach and plans/UAT are agreed.
• Manage integration activities for acquisitions including participation on integration teams, assessment of mass data uploads, tools and approach for deployment. Identify timelines and related milestones for integration activities, etc.
• Work within EAS to ensure project requirements are understood, appropriate resources are assigned and work is planned and received into operations with minimal disruption to daily work.
• Work with all levels of the organization to complete work.
• Recruit and train necessary talent to ensure success of the Consulting team
• Ensure process, policies and procedures are being adhered to at all times.
• Prepare regular and special periodic reports to evaluate performance and results as defined and agreed with your Manager. Recommend improvements where applicable.
Criteria for Performance Evaluation:
• Deliver quality services within agreed timeline as defined
• Quality and cost effectiveness of delivery of services
• Timely and accurate completion of MBO’s
• Build and maintain a strong team with initiative and integrity
• Successful implementation of new team/service delivery
• Issues and gaps resolved without major noise or escalation
• Receivership into EAS operations without major disruption to daily operational work
• Effective utilization of resource – maintain resource plan keeping within WLB goal
• Meet or succeed agreed KPI’s/metrics
People / Supervisory Responsibilities:
• Timely and challenging MBO’s
• Timely completion of HR activities, e.g. PD&R, Talent & Career Planning
• Regular one on ones. Document all issues work/performance related. Regular reviews of MBO’s
• Regular team meeting
• Adequate training plans in place and being executed
Background and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required (Finance or IT Preferred)
• 2 years + applicable experience in a management role, ideally in a shared services environment and projects.
• Cross-Cultural Sensitivity. Will manage a global team.
• Able to manage, develop and motivate people. Good team builder provides challenging objectives and development plans for direct reports and others. Creates a climate where people want to do their best.
• A general understanding of financial processes, ERP (PeopleSoft and/or SAP and Master Data Management.
• Strongly analytics.
• Capable of working independently with general supervision from assigned Manager.
• PC and systems literate, Experience using MS Office Applications – e.g. Excel, Word.
• Proven attentiveness to detail and accuracy – controls and audit experience is desired.
• International/Global experience is desired.
Skills and Ability
• Customer focused. Dedicated to meeting the needs and acts with the customer in mind.
• Drive and resilience.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing and provide high level summary of data to top management and customers while still knowing the details when questions are asked.
• Able to work under pressure and deal positively with difficult situations. Able to learn on the fly and open to change.
• Aptitude for understanding and solving problems.
• Able to handle problems methodically and logically.
• Adopts a positive and sensitive approach to customer needs.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Financial and commercial awareness, strong spelling and numerical skills.
• Shows initiative in the development and progressing new ideas.
• Ability to work with and support our global infrastructure.
• Reliability and personal integrity. Keep confidence in data and material. Models Corning’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Target orientated.
• Able to work using own initiative whilst still maintaining a committed approach to team work.
• Willing to assume responsibility for resolving problems for internal customers.
• Resilient under pressure and able to adapt to unforeseen work demands.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality record.
• Good interpersonal skills, Good listener, excellent communicator.
• Strong self-motivation and willing to learn new skills.
Apply on company website