Corning Museum of Glass Café Supervisor Job Listing at Corning in Corning, NY
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
As the CMoG Café Supervisor, you will be responsible for the daily operations of the Glass Market Cafe. This will include supervising the Back of House and Front of House operations for a very busy Museum based cafe
The Café Supervisor will work closely with the CMoG Executive Chef and Café Coordinator to:
• Maintain and monitor established café dining standards and evaluate that those standards are met on a daily basis.
• Continue to develop a staff capable of meeting rigorous customer service standards and lead them to produce results that are consistently rated as outstanding by customers.
• Develop a rapport with museum staff members to maintain a dual strategy focused on service and quality appealing to our diverse customer base.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Coach, direct and develop associates to ensure success of Corporate Food Service Staff
• Direct supervision of Café Coordinators and Executive Chef
• Schedule staff hours and vacations
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly team meetings and conduct individual 1:1 associate meetings
• Work with contingent staffing agency to develop accurate forecasting and timely staffing for BOH and FOH operations
• Work with team on interviewing, hiring and completing performance evaluations for new staff
• Plan, publish and execute daily menus with Café Executive Chef
• Maintain facilities in compliance with local, state and federal codes and regulations
• Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
• Arrange for equipment maintenance, service and repairs
• Perform food preparation or service tasks such as clearing tables, serving food, doing dishes or operating the cash register
• Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, quality and/or safety
• Ensure that general safety and HACCP standards are met on a daily basis as outlined in departmental and company policies
• Other duties as directed by management
Projects Involved with:
• Menu development and execution
• Safety and Sanitation
• Concept Development
• Short and long term strategy development to support vision and mission of Corning Museum of Glass and Corning Incorporated
• Develop annual and five year plans for capital and expense spending
Role Within Group:
As Supervisor the candidate will be part of Corporate Food Services Leadership team and will be a member of the Extended Leadership team for the Service Delivery Operations group. Additionally the role requires extensive communication with CMoG leadership and a close working relationship CMoG associates in operational roles.
• Within the Corning Valley and business needs
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Flex-time – contingent on business – nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple events in a high paced, time sensitive environment (deadline oriented with a high sense of urgency)
• Strong organization skills, with the ability to delegate effectively to others.
• Independent, dedicated and a self-starter
• A high level of commitment, passion and creativity for food service café operations
• Professional demeanor
• Experience developing menus by working with Culinary Staff and customers.
• Experience with maintaining proper sanitation and equipment operations. Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety/health procedures.
• Strong attention to detail, with high standards for quality.
• Experience working in a customer environment, including strong customer service skills
• Process management experience, including development and deployment of standardized processes and procedures.
• Experiences working in a team environment, as well as leading and participating on teams.
• Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
• Experience understanding and evaluating both current and historical financial information, while utilizing the information to develop a forecast for the future business environment
• Experience with utilizing a POS system
• Experience with utilizing EMS or other Event Management Systems
Education and Experience:
• 4 year College degree (preferably in Business or Hospitality Management) and
• 4 – 6 year progressive management experience in food service industry
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Have the ability to communicate and direct teams
• Be able to work with a diverse group of employees and guests
• Able to build relationships and work with and within cross functional groups
• Be open to feedback in an effort to improve
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
District Manager Fld Mgmt
CVS Caremark - Binghamton, NY
Marketing Communications Manager K12 (PR)
Pearson - NY
Junior Graphic Designer
RBC - NY
Locate this job: