Engineering Technician Job Listing at Corning in Corning, NY (Job ID 174895)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter -- technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning's Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
Scope of Position:
Provide on-shift technical support for manufacturing process. Perform 1st level process and equipment troubleshooting. Assist Manufacturing Team Leader with production system management.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide on-shift technical leadership
• Troubleshoot process and equipment issues
• Interpret engineering schematics and procedures
• Maintain production process; make repairs to equipment
• Adjust process parameters within established limits
• Execute experiments and engineering studies
• Perform and document preventative / predictive maintenance procedures
• Interface with Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Perform calibrations and process checks
• Publish production reports and shift turnover
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hours/week with scheduled overtime
• Day, evening, night shifts
Required Education: AAS / or equivalent 2 year degree in Engineering Technology
Required Years and Area of Experience: 3+ years manufacturing experience
• Broad engineering skills (process, equipment, controls, robots)
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing and maintenance systems
• Disciplined problem solving
• Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the team forward
• Strong communication skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Gouverneur, NY
Kelly Services - Owego, NY
Kelly Services - Utica, NY
Locate this job: