HR Representative Job Listing at Corning in Treyburn, NC (Job ID 175367)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
The global Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that delivers a workforce that is Corning's competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scaleable, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
• Supports Plant HR Manager to ensure that his/her plant has the right number and type of talent to execute plant strategy and achieve desired business results
• Ensures plant establishes and maintains a positive work environment and operates as “One Corning” in support of Corning’s values
• Assists in achieving or beating budgetary objectives in support of top quartile performance objectives while maintaining appropriate levels of HR service delivery
• Assists in successful implementation of global HR business processes within the plant
• Ensures plant compliance with HR-related legal and regulatory guidelines
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Effectively deploys hiring process for hourly workers and temporary employees
• Educates plant leadership local and state employment law to ensure compliance with contracts and applicable personnel management laws
• Manages and mitigates employee grievances by ensuring supervisors and leadership are creating an open forum for discussion and resolution of plant issues
• Coaches and counsels plant management in development and demonstration of leadership and management practices required to establish and maintain a positive work environment
• Resolves employee relations issues in a fair and consistent manner that protects the needs of the plant to operate in an effective and efficient manner
• Educates plant employees on shared service and third party vendor capabilities to increase use and benefits of these services
• Takes ownership for specific HR initiatives that support the effective operations of the organization by developing and/or delivering HR programs (e.g., attendance tracking, training, communications)
• Tracks and documents employment issues and requests (e.g., FMLA, workers compensation) as required for procedural and legislative purposes
• Identifies employee value proposition issues affecting turnover and works with Plant HR Manager to identify actions for improvement
• Establishes and maintains a presence on the plant floor to keep a read on the pulse of the organization
• Implements appropriate risk management policies and procedures to ensure plant compliance with safety requirements and local, state, and federal employment laws
• Manages hourly compensation system including wage surveys, salary range development, merit and promotion process.
• Manages hourly performance management process including performance reviews and discipline processes.
Travel Requirements (please note if international): Some project related
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: this position supports a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Required Education (minimum required for consideration):
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development, labor relations or equivalent; Master’s degree in related area and/or HR certifications– a plus
Required Years and Area of Experience (minimum required for consideration):
• At least 2 –4 years of HR experience (generalist/specialist)
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates MUST possess):
• Developing Direct Reports and Others
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Business Acumen
• Organizational Agility
• Problem Solving
• HR Service Orientation
• HR Technical Expertise
• Project Management
• Champion Global Growth
• Communicate and Engage
• Successful track record of performance in Plant HR Specialist or Center of Excellence (COE) role
• First line supervision/experience
• Applied Six Sigma Lean or Kaizen experience
• Successful track record in the deployment of global HR business processes or programs
• Knowledge of employment laws and policies
• Strong interpersonal skills including communications, facilitation, consulting, and influencing
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to support change management processes
• 24/7 manufacturing facility
• Must be willing to flex schedule on occasion to ensure coverage of shifts and events.
• Performs job duties in a normal office environment, with the exception of periodic exposure to the manufacturing floor. Adheres to plant safety requirements, OSHA and QSR/GMP/ISO guidelines as applicable.
• Exposed to fumes and high frequency noise in manufacturing areas.
• Safety glasses, hair covering, hearing protection, flat fully closed leather shoes, long sleeves and long pants are required on the manufacturing floor and other designated areas
• As this is a medical device manufacturing operations, when entering the manufacturing floor the following are not allowed: Make up, Jewelry (including rings). Perfumes or lotions with added scent, Etc
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Benefits Enrollment Specialist
Kelly Services - Greensboro, NC
CTG - Research Triangle Park, NC
Jabil Circuit - Mebane, NC
Locate this job: