Lean Lead - Program ABE Job Listing at Corning in Keller, TX (Job ID 173049)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position:
Lean lead for a program to define and execute a strategy to integrate Automation, Bedrock and Eclipse to create next generation of OCS global manufacturing. Design, evaluate and execute new manufacturing models that leverage new technology programs to drive lowest cost manufacturing and dramatically reduce overall lead time.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Support evaluation, selection and sequencing of processes, products and locations for integration.
• Support data collection, analysis and design of new operational model for manufacturing flow, plant layout, MES, BOMs and routers, cost models, inventory, lead times and revenue growth.
• Lead team to design and evaluate lowest cost manufacturing models that leverage new technology from Eclipse and Bedrock.
• Provide Lean data and analysis for projects Eclipse and Bedrock
• Provide Lean input for automation upgrades and new equipment design.
• Provide direction and key project support for successful site implementations
• Design, recommend, gain approval and lead implementation of Lean concepts and opportunities.
• 20-30% of time will be required in North America, primarily North Carolina, Texas and Mexico. Occasional (1-2 times per year) travel internationally.
Location: The location for this position is flexible.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hrs/wk, flexible schedule
• B.Sc. (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred) in a technical field
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Total of 5 years manufacturing experience, including at least 2 years in a Lean role.
• Demonstrated results of leading and delivering results utilizing lean methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of Lean tools and concepts. Ability to explain lean concepts to employees at different levels of the organization
• Ability to see beyond current barriers and identify transformational solutions.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly operations.
• Ability to analyze and compare operation models.
• Effective leadership, organization, and planning skills, with ability to handle change and influence decision makers.
• Ability to drive change in the absence of direct authority.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• High degree of initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to overcome obstacles to ensure successful project execution.
• Competent in MS Office software tools (Project, Powerpoint, Excel)
• Black Belt or Lean SME certification
• Global manufacturing or project experience.
• Plant manufacturing leadership experience.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in DFW, Texas
View similar jobs:
Johns Manville - Cleburne, TX
Director Dev Ops
AT&T - Plano, TX
Lead Product Engineer (Big Data)
AT&T - Plano, TX
Locate this job: