Manufacturing Engineer Job Listing at Corning in Corning, NY (Job ID 174138)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve -- semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
Scope of Position:
The ideal candidate will work within a multi-disciplined project team to design and develop opto-mechanical products for the semiconductor, aerospace and biomedical industries.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Apply current and develop new manufacturing processes as required to support the manufacture of opto-mechanical products to customers’ specifications.
• Application of manufacturing engineering tools such as value stream mapping, capacity planning, FMEA, DFMA, error proofing and waste elimination.
• Development of work instructions and training manufacturing personnel.
• Assembly and alignment of prototype optical assemblies using various metrology tools (interferometers, alignment telescopes, autocollimators, LVDT’s, video systems, CMM).
• 2 to 3 times/year for a week or less.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hrs/week. Occasional overtime to meet customer schedule requirements.
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 1-3 years of experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• MS Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
• Experience leading and training small teams.
• Mechanical aptitude with hands on experience.
• Deep understanding and application of manufacturing engineering tools.
• Previous experience with capacity planning, value stream mapping and lean fundamentals.
• New product introduction and experience ramping production lines.
• Experience in the manufacture of opto-mechanical assemblies.
• Experience in 3D CAD, Pro/Engineer (Creo) preferred.
• Identify root problem cause. Implement and document improvements to current processes.
• Adaptable and flexible
• Team player
• Customer focus
• Action oriented; active problem solver
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Manufacturing jobs in New York Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Gouverneur, NY
Circuit Board Manufacturing
Kelly Services - Owego, NY
Technician I, Plastics Processing
Kelly Services - Utica, NY
Locate this job: