Locate this job
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position:
• Ensures client group has the right number and type of talent required to execute division strategy and achieve desired business results.
• Ensures client group realizes required levels of employee productivity and performance excellence required to execute division strategy and achieve desired business results.
• Ensures client group establishes and maintains a positive work environment and operates as “One Corning” in support of Corning’s Values.
• Assists in achieving or beating budgetary objectives in support of top quartile performance objectives while maintaining appropriate level of HR service delivery.
• Scales the type and level of HR service provided to client groups in anticipation of the specific needs of the division’s business portfolio and in conjunction with the business strategy.
• Ensures the successful implementation of global HR business processes within the client group.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Identifies and prioritizes current and future talent requirements of the client which could affect achievement of client group operational objectives.
• Partners with Division HR Manager/Director and client business team to identify and implement a compelling employee value proposition that enables them to attract and retain the number and type of talent required to close talent gaps.
• Partners with Division HR Manager/Director to take actions required to address talent gaps, ensuring the division has the right people in the right place at the right time.
• Partners with client group to identify and implement targeted client group and individual development plans that address targeted talent gaps in a timely manner.
• Effectively deploys performance management and rewards processes/practices within client group to drive required levels of employee accountability for desired performance results and ensure retention of top performers.
• Holds client managers and leaders accountable for establishing and maintaining a positive work environment.
• In partnership with Division HR Manager/Director, identifies the client group’s human capital priorities over the next one to two years and the type and level of support required from HR to effectively address these priorities.
• Effectively deploys HR shared service delivery model in support of HR transformational goals and required levels of client support.
• Collaborates closely with the Region HR Manager/Director and Division HR Manager/Directors to ensure standardization across regions and divisions and ensure that the type and level of services fully support achievement of division business objectives.
• Coach client management in development and implementation of required programs and processes to establish and maintain a positive work environment.
• Successful track record of performance in a Plant HR Manager role (e.g., plant HRM).
• First line supervision/experience.
• Work experience supporting multiple business divisions.
• Work experience (assignment/project participation) in aligning client group leadership around organization direction, design, and governance/decision rights.
• Work experience in designing and implementing effective organization structures and work processes that improve client group ability to achieve desired results—new business/product start-up or expansion and mature business optimization.
• Successful track record in the deployment of global HR business processes or programs.
• PE Greenbelt certification.
• At least 6 –10 years of HR experience (generalist/specialist combined).
• Bachelors' degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development, labor relations or equivalent.
• Master’s degree in related area and/or HR certifications – a plus.
• Developing Direct Reports and Others
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Self Development
• Business Acumen
• Organizational Agility
• Problem Solving
• HR Service Orientation
• HR Technical Expertise
• Project Management
• Champion Global Growth
• Communicate and Engage
Apply on company website