Quality Assurance Supervisor Job Listing at Corning in Erwin, NY (Job ID 174544)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
For almost three decades, Corning Environmental Technologies has developed creative, highly effective emission control solutions for mobile and stationary sources around the world. We joined the campaign for cleaner air in the early 1970s, when we developed high-performance, cost-effective cellular ceramic substrates for use in catalytic converters. Our invention has become the industry standard for more than 95% of today’s catalytic catalytic-converter equipped vehicles. Today, we hold more than 200 patents on emission-control products and processes used in gasoline, diesel and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as stationary applications.
To know more about Corning Environmental Technologies, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/environmental_technologies.aspx
Scope of Position:
Manage the internal HD quality specifications for the Diesel Business. Ensure that the customer requirements are understood and communicated to the appropriate internal organizations. Ensure measurement system analyses (MSA) are completed for all outgoing quality inspection tools. Manage the DN quality lab and complete lot release for all products.
• Define and maintain IMS specifications
• Ensure operators understand defects
• Manage PPM data
• Maintain MSA priority list and complete as scheduled
• Approve all MSA’s for HDD
• Manage DN Quality Lab, complete lot release for all product
• Approve experimental plans for Quality
• Support and lead projects as required
• Support daily quality concerns from manufacturing
• Approve change requests for Quality
• Act as Quality Receiver for new lines and plant expansions.
• Manage 2-3 direct reports including a Quality Engineer and Technician.
• Complete defect training for operators
• Ensure defects are understood and well documented
• Support of key customer projects in manufacturing
• Coordinate Firing Trouble Lot disposition
• Report PPM results and quality issues at daily production meeting
• Ensure lot release is completed per shipping schedule
• Coordinate with internal resources as needed to solve internal quality issues – i.e. Product Eng., and Sullivan Park
Travel Requirements: N/A
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Major in technical discipline preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Environmental Technology experience preferred.
• Proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint
• Understanding of process control (variability, sampling methods, Measurement System Analysis)
• Effective problem solving skills to drive to root cause
• Basic understanding of Quality Systems
• Management skills – the ability to lead, motivate, and build a cohesive team
• Familiarity of TS and ISO Certifications
• Strong data analysis skills including Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
• Effective communication skills (verbal, written & presentation)
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Highly organized
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Human Resources Manager
OfficeTeam - Utica, NY
IT Vendor Management Analyst
CTG - Painted Post, NY
Project Manager - Precision
Corning - Corning, NY
Locate this job: