Sr Product Engineer Job Listing at Corning in Corning, NY (Job ID 173912)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Display Technologies is a worldwide leader in glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs). Our premium-quality substrates are used in notebook computers, flat-panel desktop monitors, LCD televisions, and portable electronic and communications devices
To know more about Corning Display Technologies worldwide, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/display_technologies.aspx
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Provide on-site customer technical support for glass roll-to-roll or sheet-to-sheet flexible glass products.
• Act as primary customer contact to facilitate the resolution of product application issues relating to reliability, quality, product performances and technical specifications.
• Develop thorough understanding of customer processes and their interaction with Corning products. Identify gaps between glass attributes and customer requirements including competitive issues.
• Negotiate glass specifications for best Corning / customer advantages. Communicate Corning technologies, capabilities and value to customer.
• Structure and manage joint technical collaborations with strategic customers, equipment/materials vendors and other supply chain players in order to clarify understanding of evolving customer technologies and requirements, as well as substrate applications.
• Attend appropriate trade shows / technical symposia to monitor latest application related to flexible glass. Present technical papers at conference where possible and appropriate.
• Estimate approx. 25% - 40% (mix of domestic and international).
• Comfortable with traveling up to 35% to multiple sites in US or international to support customers.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40hrs/week plus travel, and periodic off hour conference calls
All CDT employees are required to sign CDT Covenant not to Compete.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical or others)
Required Years and Area of Experience: 5 years
• At least 5 years working experience with roles outlined in the job responsibilities. Ideal candidates are individuals with experience in application, product or quality engineering with customer facing experience.
• In-depth knowledge of flat panel display and handheld technologies including LCD, backlight unit and touch sensors.
• Experience with translating customer technical requirements into product definitions leading to specifications. Able to translate future requirements into product roadmap for technology development.
• Demonstration of project leadership in driving product design/development/engineering to meet customer requirements/needs.
• Strong problem solving skills demonstrated through troubleshooting on product or process related issues.
• Effective people and negotiation skills particularly in the area of product design and specifications.
Soft Skills: (Communication/Team/Leadership)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a multicultural team environment.
• Open and engaging – able to interface effectively with other.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Sr Mechanical Engineer
Jabil Circuit - United States of America
Mechanical Serv Operator - Loc
Union Pacific - Rawlins, WY
Mechanical Serv Operator - Loc
Union Pacific - Pocatello, ID
Locate this job: