Supply Chain Analyst Job Listing at Corning in Herndon, VA (Job ID 173405)
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position: • Production planning and analysis for CMA domestic and international customers, including short- and long-term demand planning for all CMA & CCS sourced products. • Product line and revenue forecasting, inventory management, Sales and Operations Planning, and U.S. quality assurance and process excellence resource. Day to Day Responsibilities: • Maintain monthly and long-range forecasts for Corning MobileAccess marketing products and all products purchased for the Wireless business through other Corning affiliates. • Determine and maintain US stocking levels and schedule upgrade activities for warehoused goods as needed. • Ensure CMA compliance with demand planning reporting for purposes of the S&OP processes, including scheduling required meetings, building and maintaining demand models and slide preparation. • Dotted line reporting relationship to Director of Quality Assurance and Process Excellence in Israel for the purpose of tactical execution of U.S. activities. Travel Requirements: • Potential for international travel to manufacturing sites and to meet with supply chain colleagues in other countries. • Occasional travel to visit US based inventory locations. • Estimated travel
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience with 3-5 years in a related field, including manufacturing, production planning, financial analysis, inventory management, supply chain or product line management.
• Broad range of computer skills including expert level for Excel and PowerPoint, and significant experience with SAP or similar ERP system.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Familiarity with logistics and production planning concepts
• Ability to communicate findings, make recommendations and facilitate change
• Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels
• Independent and self-motivated work ethic
• Experience with Agile BOM/CM software system and/or Priority ERP
• Project management experience
• Database and statistical analysis experience
• Ability to develop long range plans and strategy related to responsibilities
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Supply Chain jobs in Fairfax, VA
Locate this job: