Locate this job
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve -- semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
Scope of Position:
This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager. The Supply Chain Analyst (SCA) is responsible for the development of the Master Production Schedule (MPS). With a scope of 0-24 months, the SCA is responsible for converting unconstrained, forecasted product Demand into feasible, capacity constrained short term and long term Supply Plans. Working closely with Production Planning and Operations, the SCA role entails a focus on the optimization of both supply and inventory, to manage/balance inventory and customer satisfaction. The SCA is a key participant and contributor to the Sales & Operations Planning Process (S&OP). The position is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all applicable master data related to Supply Planning, to achieve optimized supply plans.
• Develop Supply Plans for Mechanical Fabrication, Optical Fabrication & Coating, and Final Assembly & Test
• Site leader for integration of the Demand Plan and Supply Plan into Sales & Operations process
• Maintain Capacity Models for all departments and integrate into Supply Planning process
• Perform scenario planning as part of Demand Planning and Supply Planning
• Recommend sourcing options to resolve capacity and capability constraints as well as to reduce costs
• Develop Master Schedules for Fabrication departments
• Partner with Operations to measure OEE and integrate into Capacity models
• Collaborate with sourcing to model critical supplier capacity
• Make recommendations to fully optimize ERP system
• Leverage best practices with regard to Demand Planning, Sourcing, Network Planning, Supply Planning and Logistics
• Become knowledge expert in Sales & Operations Planning and implement best practices
• Develop and measure Supply Chain KPI’s
• Pareto and provide root cause analysis and corrective action for missed shipments
• Define critical path lead time for major products and propose plans for lead time reduction
• Collaborate with Commercial team to enhance Demand Planning process
• Develop an executable MPS for Manufacturing, which balances customer service, material availability, plant capacities and targeted inventory levels
• Provide long term supply plans, as input into plant capacity and capital planning
• Lead monthly plant Supply Planning meetings as part of the S&OP process, and work closely with Planning and Operations to drive alignment of the supply plan
• Monitor slow moving and excess inventory, and support customer returns process
• Support new product introductions, product line transfers or product discontinuation projects, as required
• Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing and/or Supply Chain planning experience required
• BA/BS is required, preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Operations Management or similar discipline
• Strong knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and processes (supply, demand, capacity, planning and inventory management)
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Working knowledge of ERP systems or planning software applications
• Ability to effectively work cross functionally, to use influencing skills, build consensus and drive decision making
• Detail-oriented individual with a strong ability to multi-task
• Ability to set and communicate priorities and work in a dynamic business environment
• Conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated supply chain process improvements that have provided significant benefit for the organization
• Experience leading demand planning or supply planning steps in S&OP process.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with multi-functional areas (Commercial, Product Development, Finance, Operations)
• Advanced Excel, Access and Power Point skills.
• Encourages different views and constructive disagreement to surface new ideas and resolve conflicts
• Maintain current knowledge of industry and intercompany best practices, supply chain trends, and technologies
• APICS certification (CPIM/CSCP or equivalent) strongly preferred
Apply on company website