Technology Engineer Job Listing at Corning in Corning, NY
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter -- technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D is the foundation on which Corning’s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning's Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D website at:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Develop new technology to improve manufacturing operations.
• Design new technology to improve manufacturing processes
• Migration of new Processes, Products, and Technologies.
• Process development and engineering. Lead all activity related to achieving process objectives.
• Technical analysis of processes. Application of analytical results to improving processes and meeting customer requirements.
• Interface with Research and Development for production trials of new products, processes, and technology.
• Interface with Plant Engineering to facilitate the introduction of new processes, products, and technology into manufacturing.
• Design and implementation of process experiments.
• Project leadership: Develop new technology to improve manufacturing operations and product attributes. New technology includes operational practices, raw materials, and process design.
• Participate on projects and execute to project portfolio
• Manufacturing support. Provide third level troubleshooting for operational issues.
• Lead/support manufacturing startups and expansions where new technology is involved.
• Lead/support equipment repair activities as required where new technology is involved
• Domestic and International Travel required.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Expect 50 hours per week on average.
• Weekend work required during start-ups and major projects or process activity.
• B.S. Engineering – Chemical, Ceramic, Materials, Mechanical discipline preferred.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 3+ years in glass or ceramic manufacturing/engineering environment. Entry level considered with relevant internship experience
• B.S. in Engineering discipline. Strong technical skills.
• Statistical analysis and application of statistical tools for process control and management.
• Computing environment skills.
• Chemical, Materials, or Ceramic Engineering degree.
• M.S. in Engineering discipline.
• Glass manufacturing experience.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
• Strong process management skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Effective at communicating across varying payroll levels.
• Ability to listen to and gain process understanding from supervisors, peers, and operators.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
FMC - Rockland, ME
PLC Programmer/Controls Engineer
Aerotek - Abbeville, AL
Mechanical Component Engineer
Aerotek - Colorado Springs, CO
Locate this job: