Systems Development Manager Job Listing at CoSource in Akron, OH
Computers & Information Technology, Technology
Our Client is looking for a Systems Development Manager to plan, direct, and coordinate activities related to Business Application Systems and preparation of new or modified applications to process data and solve problems by use of Information Technology. This person will help to establish organizational objectives, and then find ways to utilize technology to meet those objectives. The ideal candidate must have a solid project management background and strong leadership skills/proven ability to drive a team.
• Establishes priorities and schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews work of project leaders, systems analysts and programming personnel, and develops project plans with key milestones for new projects.
• Coordinates the implementation and installation of software, and oversees application design.
• Allocate proper resources to meet technology requirements, and delegate IT-related tasks to subordinates.
• Ensures projects are completed on time and according to company standards.
• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
• Consults with management to clarify systems and programs intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of application systems changes required.
• Directs daily operations of the department.
• Consults with personnel in other information systems groups to coordinate activities.
• Evaluate data processing proposals, assess project feasibility and requirements, and review time and cost estimates of new or revised systems.
• Manages the revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• Evaluates the organization's technology use and needs, and recommends improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades and productivity tools.
• Develops and seeks to improve skill sets of subordinates in systems analysis, feasibility studies, time management, project management, problem solving, program coding and other skills useful to the betterment of the department.
• Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
• Collaborates with computer manufacturers, third party software providers, and other users to develop new programming methods.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
• 4-10 years of related experience and/or training
• Business and management principles involved in project planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Understanding of Project Life Cycle as it pertains to computer systems and knowledge of Best Practices for writing and maintaining software applications.
• Basic understanding of business systems, such as Accounting, Inventory Management, Sales Order Entry, Purchasing, and EDI.
• Principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, and compensation.
• Administrative procedures and systems, such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Understanding of OLTP and batch processing techniques.
• Knowledge of Oracle or other Relational database products and COBOL programming language, basic understanding of SQL, and of UNIX operating system.
• People Management – Must have a history of managing a large development staff (24 plus).
• In-house software development organization experience is a must.
• Open minded, willing and wanting to make changes.
• History should show major project successes and not just change management.
• Dynamic and energetic
• Detail oriented: Well documented, and focused on processes and procedures.
• History should show QA testing and documented standards.
• Professional – Shows a good history of different outside organization participation.
• Technical knowledge base (networking, system administration) is a major plus.
• Retail and Distribution knowledge is a major plus.
• Security knowledge is a major plus.
• Formal Project Management Training is a plus.
• Development History is a plus.
Apply to this job
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Akron, OH
View similar jobs:
NOC Technical Analyst
Robert Half Technology - Akron, OH
CCNP Network Engineer
Robert Half Technology - Canton, OH
Robert Half Technology - Akron, OH
Locate this job: