COUNTRY Financial has been a leader in providing auto, home and life insurance for more than 85 years and today we also satisfy the investment needs of businesses and individuals. In our offices and in all of the neighborhoods we serve, our company supports diversity as we strive to be the best insurance and financial services company of this and future generations.
Our Actuarial Research Analyst I validates predictive data models built by others and develops basic (least complex) data models. The Actuarial Research Analyst employs data mining techniques, participates in actuarial research projects, and maintains the property/casualty actuarial reporting system and related reports.
Primary Duties Responsibilities:
* Validates predictive data models built by others and develops basic (least complex) data models that identify and mathematically represent underlying data relationships that are not temporary anomalies.
* Performs mathematical analysis to enhance senior management's strategic and tactical decision making with respect to profit and growth goals. Analysis and research duties are typically limited to single events related to existing products (or other similar situations of limited scope).
* Employs data mining techniques to identify and analyze profitability potential in the quality, retention, and acquisition of new and existing business and associated products.
* Reviews the claims experience and competitors' rating plans for future segmentation of risks; modifies product design and pricing based upon profit and growth goals.
* Utilizes appropriate software programming tools to produce statistical reports relevant to ratemaking, reserving, and underwriting and claims benchmarks.
* Keeps abreast of data bases and computer/technical systems including recommending new products, upgrades, enhancements, related budgetary items, and system compatibility and alignment.
* Education equivalent to graduation from college (or the equivalent in related work experience).
* Demonstrates the ability to perform multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, regression and other such data analyses
* Demonstrates a working knowledge of mainframe and PC-based systems and their associated data mapping and operational software
* Demonstrated aptitude for programming
* Ability to synthesize and interpret data and document and explain findings in the context of business issues
* Exhibits good written and oral communication skills
* Excellent research and data management skills and analytical ability
* Displays excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong detail orientation
* Possesses the ability to work effectively independently and in teams
* Working knowledge of some or all of these technologies: Microsoft Excel and Access, Lotus, Focus, SAS, Emblem (or their equivalents)
Make a Difference. Secure your Future.
* Graduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, or other related discipline (or the equivalent in related work experience)
* The pursuit of property/casualty actuarial exams with a data modeling background
* One or more years of professional-level statistical data modeling experience (or the equivalent), preferably in the financial services or property/casualty insurance industry
* Previous data preparation experience, particularly in merging data, cross-checking against known sources, and applying techniques to deal with missing data
* Strong statistical knowledge with a strong preference and ability to perform hypothesis testing, t-test, F-tests, ANOVA, and component analysis.
* Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
Connect with COUNTRY Financial Careers: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn