Apply on Company Website
- Performs diversified accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of supervisors .
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to verify accuracy and validity of client's financial matters.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors and managers is kept to a minimum.
- Prepares other reports, projects, and duties as may be assigned.
- Knows and understands the reason behind the firm's policies and procedures.
- Possesses technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Begins acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Has a command of GAAP, other comprehensive bases of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations.
- Has a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Assumes responsibility for efficiently supervising both audit and non-audit engagements.
- Effectively communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client.
- Experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or master's degree in accounting.
- Requires CPA designation.
- Physical requirement to make ladder climbs of 100+ feet for inventory observations.
- Agricultural accounting or auditing experience helpful.